cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would welcome comments.

December 2014 someone used my name/address and opened an 02 account. £340 was charged to my Nat West debit card, which quickly ( but not quick enough ) was flagged as a fraud on my account.  I contacted the police and obtained a crime reference number and both they and I contacted 02 to explain the situation.  02 at the time agreed this was a fraud.

October this year, I received a letter from 02 saying they had closed my account. I don't have and never had an account with 02.  They added " but you owe us £895.07 ". They referred the debt to the Lowell agency.

I contacted the agency who were less than helpful and also 02.  The only way I could half talk to a human was via the online chat, which I recorded.  They said they would pass it to the fraud department.

I received a text from the fraud department recently to say, my fraud had been closed and thank you for contacting them.  I want more, what is to stop this so called debt coming back as a larger total?

I would like something in writing from 02 but I have reached a brick wall.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  I know it was someone who pressed a button which started a chain of events.  I just don't want this to return which I think is a reasonable request.

Mike

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you make a complaint you will get something in writing

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain you can also from within that link email the complaints review service

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Have you checked your credit file via Experian?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, I am grateful.

Strangely, I have been contacted by 02 this morning and they promise "to look into this."

I am concerned about my credit rating and will be checking this.

thank you again

Mike

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If the charge was referred to a debt collection agency, it's likely that this would be reflected on your credit rating. Definitely check this, and follow this through with a formal complaint to O2 using the method @Cleoriff has suggested. This is O2's complete responsibilty to you to clear anything untoward on your credit rating. You need to get this in writing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this. I'm Toby, the community manager here on O2.

Please send me a private message (using this link) and I'll ask the rest of the team about what we can do.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 5