Did you mean: 

Forum development & bugs updates

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

In this topic, we'll post any progress on the known plaform issues that you have brought to our attention so far and that we are looking into, along with any future updates we get on them. We thought it would be good to recap what is currently being worked on, and have it all in one place so we can keep you in the loop going forward slight_smile

If you spot any further issue too, please let us know in the comments!

Current issues being looked into

-These have been reported to the platform provider and are being investigated-

• Kudos and posting box window not working correctly in the blog section
  • New comments on Blog articles (Reviews or Guides) in Unread posts link to the initial post and not the latest comments
  • Read comments stuck in Unread Posts even after being read

Current feedback being looked into

-These are being discussed with the different teams involved in the project-

• Various differences between Mobile view and Full view (list here)
  • Size of the homepage header
  • Image in the hompage header
  • Lack of board structure on the homepage

Thanks for your patience while we work our way through all the above, and for your help spotting identifying and gathering feedback nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 1,120
1,119 REPLIES 1,119

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo 

I agree with @Cleoriff `s comment about locking the guides.

The guides are a very useful tool to everyone but allowing comments and posts can not only detract from their intention and purpose but could also lead to confusion - not least if there were negative comments or posts with incorrect information which would hinder rather than help. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 681 of 1,120

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Just caught up with that discussion as well. It's a good point I agree guys on the guide comments that it's been getting a bit "messy". The idea is to keep them open in case anyone does have issues and wants to post about it, but what we've been not doing well enough on our end I think is moving those help queries into the other boards so Solutions can be picked etc. and discussion on those specific issues can continue in their own topics.

We don't want to remove that avenue of posting for help (it can be useful for some especially if not used to how the forum works and they've landed to the guide), or for discussing improvements/changes to the guides themselves even after one week, but I think us as the community team could do things a little better going forward in keeping the guides tidy. 

Something I'd like to think about once the whole team is present from next week. Not ruling out the closing of comments completely, we can think about it, but I think it would be a shame to do that and reduce some new members' chances of asking for help, saying thank you for a helpful guide or suggesting additions etc. Would you guys be ok if we tried this way first to see if it works? slight_smile

Edit: to add, also yes there'd be a task for us to do some cleaning in there as well with the older comments that have been added I think!

Message 682 of 1,120

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Marjo 

I would prefer we had a thread titled Guide Updates, where the regulars could make suggestions or comment about certain guides, improvements and updates. The thread could then be unlocked and updated by the op (if still here) or managers?

Also, if the guides were locked it wouldn't stop new members posting a query on a new thread.

99% do this anyway.

So in my opinion I think they should be locked after a week (or two).

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 683 of 1,120

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo 

I would prefer we had a thread titled Guide Updates, where the regulars could make suggestions or comment about certain guides, improvements and updates. The thread could then be unlocked and updated by the op (if still here) or managers?

Also, if the guides were locked it wouldn't stop new members posting a query on a new thread.

99% do this anyway.

So in my opinion I think they should be locked after a week (or two).

Brilliant suggestions @Cleoriff

Guide Updates thread gets my vote thumbsup - and covers the issues I mentioned in my post above 

and, as @Cleoriff rightly said, wouldn`t stop new members posting queries or comments about any guide. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 684 of 1,120

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I love the guide updates thread idea @Cleoriff , @Mi-Amigo ! Maybe we could use it as well whenever there are any ideas for new guides too. I know we've had some topics in the past around that but maybe a concentrated new one would be helpful and more up to date. Feel free to start one guys if you'd like, or we can too if you'd prefer. We'll think of this more on our end from next week when the whole team is present. slight_smile

Next week also, I'll have a catch up with the tech team on that unread posts link bug so hopefully that will progress then, will keep you posted!

Message 685 of 1,120

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Marjo 

Just to confirm the Unread Posts issue has been back in full force today.

Mainly due to the fact that many posts/threads have been merged or moved.

*Sighs*

I shouldn't moan really as I have been the one to ask for threads to be moved or merged most of today!! ....rofl

Still an annoying hiccup though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 686 of 1,120

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

With reference to my suggestion about a Guide Update thread. I have started one today here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Guide-Updates/m-p/1363682#M115221 

PLease feel free to tell me what else you think is needed in that guide update I've suggested. Thanks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 687 of 1,120

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I can't seem to post on any thread. I keep getting this message on whatever thread I try!!

Flooding.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 688 of 1,120

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Except the one above, when I had to try twice!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 689 of 1,120

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Can't post a thing using Firefox on PC....(Win 10). Keep getting post flooding message

This is on PC using Chrome, which I'm not keen on Lol 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 690 of 1,120