Did you mean: 

Forum development & bugs updates

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

In this topic, we'll post any progress on the known plaform issues that you have brought to our attention so far and that we are looking into, along with any future updates we get on them. We thought it would be good to recap what is currently being worked on, and have it all in one place so we can keep you in the loop going forward slight_smile

If you spot any further issue too, please let us know in the comments!

Current issues being looked into

-These have been reported to the platform provider and are being investigated-

• Kudos and posting box window not working correctly in the blog section
  • New comments on Blog articles (Reviews or Guides) in Unread posts link to the initial post and not the latest comments
  • Read comments stuck in Unread Posts even after being read

Current feedback being looked into

-These are being discussed with the different teams involved in the project-

• Various differences between Mobile view and Full view (list here)
  • Size of the homepage header
  • Image in the hompage header
  • Lack of board structure on the homepage

Thanks for your patience while we work our way through all the above, and for your help spotting identifying and gathering feedback nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 1,108
1,107 REPLIES 1,107

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Received and replied @TheresaV 

Forget to say it appears to be a Firefox issue as I have just tried Chrome on PC and as soon as email and password is typed in, the box is blue and allows me to sign in.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 941 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2  Could you PLEASE turn OFF that damn survey? I keep having it pop up as does @Mi-Amigo. He is trying to run a WHD today and it's a nightmare. Post a word, survey pops up and it takes you to bottom of page. Can't play this game properly at all. Yes I've cleared cache and cookies all to no avail.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 942 of 1,108

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for tag @Cleoriff 

@Martin-O2 

Your suggested "cure" - clear cache etc - doesn`t work. Please please please turn off the stupid ridiculous survey.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 943 of 1,108

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff @Martin-O2 

Further info on the joke that is the survey.

To try and stop it, I took the survey.

Then when next typing, the survey popped up again, so took the survey again.

At the end, message appeared to say my reply could not be sent as I`d already replied to survey!!

So why on earth am I asked to take a survey when I`ve already replied?

@Martin-O2 

Fix it - get rid of the survey and let us have an uninterrupted forum.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 944 of 1,108

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff@Mi-Amigo The issue with the survey seems to be related to the cookie banner which we turned on shortly before the issue occurred so we have turned off the cooke banner whilst the problem is being investigated. I recall one of you mentioning that you had your browser set to delete cookies after you close a window. Is this still the case? If so this could be the cause as a cookie still needs to be in place to register that you've declined the survey. 

I've not had it pop up since turning off the cookie banner and clearing my cache and cookies once. The same for a logged out view which was previously getting the survey popup.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 945 of 1,108

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

As I said, I`ve cleared cache, cookies etc and problem still happening.

Also I have not set browser to delete cookies after closing a window.

And to add insult to misery that blooming survey popped up whle  was typing this.

If you are not having the issue @Martin-O2 then all I can say is "Lucky you" and cold comfort for those of us who having to put up with this waste of space.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 946 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2, @lewys-gp @RafaC This thread was started in 2019 and some issues STILL are not solved!

* Still have to REFRESH page after every post otherwise it appears as unread.

* I no longer have the stupid survey popping up a million times a day. That's fixed for me, although

@Mi-Amigosaid it appeared 2/52 ago?

* Now the damn emoticon farce which is different for everyone. If you post on mobile = No issue

Post on PC and you get an error message, press again and you get post flooding. I thought this was everyone on laptops. Not at all!! @gmarkj doesn't have an issue on PC, nor do @RafaC or @lewys-gp!

I've cleared cache and cookies (never again!) Tried Chrome and Edge and my default browser Firefox. I get the error message on all 3. So in effect I can't use emoticons, unless I copy and paste them which makes them enormous

* Then to add 'insult to injury' the useless Khoros platform started to give us a double space in all our posts, (unless you are copying and paste text.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 947 of 1,108

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Survey pop-up - I have not messed around with clearing cache and cookies, but I am no longer getting the blasted survey every time I try and post. But have not received any explanation as to how this occured or how it was fixed.

Emojs and post flooding - using Chrome on laptop,  was one of the victims as was last Mon`s WRQ results and Wed WRQ had to be cancelled. The only "solution" [if it can be called that] is to copy and paste - but, and a very big but, in some cases it is impossible to reduce the size of the copy and paste emoji.

Double-line spacing - how the hell did this start happening ? It is not only annoying but means posts can be double the length they would normally be. Has a ticket been raised about this ?

So problems have not been resolved, new issues keep coming up and we are fobbed off with an excuse the issues are being looked into but Khoros can`t or won`t give us an expected date for a fix.

And it is more than coincidence that issues just happen to arise shortly before a weekend and/or Bank Hol when there is no-one around to even look at the problems.    

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 948 of 1,108

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Using Firefox on a kindle HD and waiting for the page having to be refreshed after posting is frustrating, possibly because there is only a 2GB ram.

Having said that, the point is that it shouldn't be an issue at all

Message 949 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Not forgetting Word Hunt Diamond! Unless people refresh the page, all words are out of sync. This means you have to stop the game far more frequently to enable you to play catch up and ensure you don't miss any words posted.

@jonsieTotally agree, this Refreshing the page has gone on since we changed to Khoros and should not be an issue at all.....but we are expected to damn well put up with it!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 950 of 1,108