Did you mean: 

Forum development & bugs updates

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

In this topic, we'll post any progress on the known plaform issues that you have brought to our attention so far and that we are looking into, along with any future updates we get on them. We thought it would be good to recap what is currently being worked on, and have it all in one place so we can keep you in the loop going forward slight_smile

If you spot any further issue too, please let us know in the comments!

Current issues being looked into

-These have been reported to the platform provider and are being investigated-

• Kudos and posting box window not working correctly in the blog section
  • New comments on Blog articles (Reviews or Guides) in Unread posts link to the initial post and not the latest comments
  • Read comments stuck in Unread Posts even after being read

Current feedback being looked into

-These are being discussed with the different teams involved in the project-

• Various differences between Mobile view and Full view (list here)
  • Size of the homepage header
  • Image in the hompage header
  • Lack of board structure on the homepage

Thanks for your patience while we work our way through all the above, and for your help spotting identifying and gathering feedback nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 1,108
1,107 REPLIES 1,107

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

YouTube links take 2 or 3 attempts to "take", noticed it off and on all week, error comes up like the screenshot below, and some messages with a video in show the infamous

[video]

in the text until refreshed.

Coming into the weekend, not good...

@Martin-O2 @theresav @LukasB

I had similar problem last night [Thursday evening] trying to load youtube of Wurzels on Wednesday Laugh thread on Off Topic.

After two or three failed attempts worked when I ignored the red notification and clicked post.

Although not a major issue for me, is there any chance @Martin-O2  @TheresaV  @LukasB this could be looked at ? Thanks

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 801 of 1,108

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo @pgn @Anonymous 

Thanks for letting us know! Does this problem still persist? It seems to be working fine for me. Would you mind clearing your cache and also checking if your browser is on the lastest update? smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

signature

Message 802 of 1,108

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Same for me @pgn . I've ony attempted to put one video up a couple of days ago. I got an error message, but when I pressed post for the 2nd time, it accepted it ok. Annoying though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 803 of 1,108

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

Thanks for letting us know! Does this problem still persist? It seems to be working fine for me. Would you mind clearing your cache and also checking if your browser is on the lastest update? smiling

@TheresaV 

Tried that when first had problem but made no difference.

At second attempt did what @Cleoriff did and clicked post 2nd time and it worked. Maybe just a glitch, as I said not a major problem but a bit annoying.

The reason I mentioned it is because there might be some who think Yotube won`t post and not try clicking "post" 2nd time which seems to work.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 804 of 1,108

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@TheresaV wrote:

@TheresaV 

Tried that when first had problem but made no difference.

At second attempt did what @Cleoriff did and clicked post 2nd time and it worked. Maybe just a glitch, as I said not a major problem but a bit annoying.

The reason I mentioned it is because there might be some who think Yotube won`t post and not try clicking "post" 2nd time which seems to work.

Makes sense @Mi-Amigo! Sorry I thought this was in regards to being able to view YT videos and not post them! I will forward this internally and we will investigate smiling

Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 805 of 1,108

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thanks for the repost test and report on the "What are you listening to" thread, @Cleoriff.

The first vid I posted this morning, with the time parameter to make it play the song of the guy trying to sleep (from 3:46), worked first time.

The second one took three tries to get rid of the error, similar to the screen shot I posted yesterday:

Screenshot_20210319-094237.png

Not sure why it happens, but it is most off-putting when it does. I am on the mobile atm, might crank up the laptop later and try there.

Tried a third vid from phone - first attempt gave 

Screenshot_20210321-123151.png

And by the time I had taken and clipped screenshot above, pushing the Preview worked, then set size to Large and Save worked, with no change to URL.

Cache between O2 Community server(s) and YouTube may be part of the problem, at the back-end, @TheresaV.

Message 806 of 1,108

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Actually I said there was no problem @pgn  there was a small one. I certainly didnt get an error message but when  i selected large (as usual) it posted small. Deleted it, posted it again using large and all was well that time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 807 of 1,108

pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Actually I said there was no problem @pgn  there was a small one. I certainly didnt get an error message but when  i selected large (as usual) it posted small. Deleted it, posted it again using large and all was well that time.

Making a small problem large?🤣

That small/large thing caught me last week once, just thought I had fat-fingered it - it's a mystery, @Cleoriff, thanks for making time to clarify.

Message 808 of 1,108

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Thanks for the repost test and report on the "What are you listening to" thread, @Cleoriff.

The first vid I posted this morning, with the time parameter to make it play the song of the guy trying to sleep (from 3:46), worked first time.

The second one took three tries to get rid of the error, similar to the screen shot I posted yesterday:

Screenshot_20210319-094237.png

Not sure why it happens, but it is most off-putting when it does. I am on the mobile atm, might crank up the laptop later and try there.

Tried a third vid from phone - first attempt gave 

Screenshot_20210321-123151.png

And by the time I had taken and clipped screenshot above, pushing the Preview worked, then set size to Large and Save worked, with no change to URL.

Cache between O2 Community server(s) and YouTube may be part of the problem, at the back-end, @TheresaV.

Thanks for the screenshots @pgn slight_smile I tried it myself and @Martin-O2 and I both had the same problem as you. We already escalated this internally and hopefully have this fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for flagging slight_smile

signature

Message 809 of 1,108

pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thanks, @TheresaV, so not an issue with browser on phone 👍  I could not face the laptop yesterday, lockdown means it and I are often joined at the knee for a part of the day most weekdays alas.

Message 810 of 1,108