Did you mean: 

Forum development & bugs updates

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

In this topic, we'll post any progress on the known plaform issues that you have brought to our attention so far and that we are looking into, along with any future updates we get on them. We thought it would be good to recap what is currently being worked on, and have it all in one place so we can keep you in the loop going forward slight_smile

If you spot any further issue too, please let us know in the comments!

Current issues being looked into

-These have been reported to the platform provider and are being investigated-

• Kudos and posting box window not working correctly in the blog section
  • New comments on Blog articles (Reviews or Guides) in Unread posts link to the initial post and not the latest comments
  • Read comments stuck in Unread Posts even after being read

Current feedback being looked into

-These are being discussed with the different teams involved in the project-

• Various differences between Mobile view and Full view (list here)
  • Size of the homepage header
  • Image in the hompage header
  • Lack of board structure on the homepage

Thanks for your patience while we work our way through all the above, and for your help spotting identifying and gathering feedback nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 1,108
1,107 REPLIES 1,107

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT for the info on the "private message bug".

As to the speed fix, I have`nt had any issues with that recently [hope that`s not tempted fate fingers_crossed]

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 201 of 1,108

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

As to the speed fix, I have`nt had any issues with that recently [hope that`s not tempted fate fingers_crossed]

Good to hear @Mi-Amigo, fingers crossed but give us a shout here in case it does come back! fingers_crossed

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

signature

Message 202 of 1,108

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I have a development suggestion.

Is it possible to have one @ tag that will notify all Managers, such as @Admin (as used previously) so we don't have to type @EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2 all the time?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 203 of 1,108

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @MI5 Thanks for the suggestion on this. It's a good idea as a way to notify all of the community team with one tag. It's definitely not something that can be done with the current setup but It's worth looking at adding in the future! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

signature

Message 204 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @Marjo 

I see the old Unread Posts issue is back with a vengeance.

I have read all these 3 times and they are still here.

After posting this I will have to manually mark all posts as read.

Unread posts Nov19.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 205 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Bumping this again. In relation to the reply boxes.... once posts are moved to the blog or review section

On my PC this is still what I get...

Blog box.PNG

It should look like this

Reply box 1.PNG

So I can't reply properly. I have no emoticons, no links, Mentions don't work. I can only kudo the original post and no-one else. I am unable to edit. In fact I can't do much at all. This has been going on for months. Nothing to do with clearing cache or cookies.

Any ideas on a fix @Marjo ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 206 of 1,108

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Ok so, thanks for bumping this @Cleoriff  and I saw some comments in the My O2 guide as well about the issue from @gmarkj so I'll tag you here as well so we can continue the discussion. I said I'd send a PM but since it's more than one person with the issue, the more info the better, so I'll just put this here.

I got asked by the platform team if you guys could capture a what they called 'HAR' file from the affected page by any chance? They are unable to reproduce the issue so that file would give them more to go with. Do you both know what this file is and how you can get it on your browsers? 

Message 207 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MarjoJust googled Har File

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAR_(file_format)  and I have absolutely no idea how to do this on my PC (running Win 10 and Firefox.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 208 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh for goodness sake!!

•  
  • If you are using Firefox, you can simply open the Developer Tools and select the Network tab. From here you can allow the capturing of the HTTP session of the current tab. Once you have your capture, you can export it to a HAR file by clicking on “HAR” and selecting “Save All As HAR”.

So no I can't.....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 209 of 1,108

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hmmm... let me check if I have Firefox and can figure it out... 

Message 210 of 1,108