Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Topics: 688

Re: Forum broken

@TallTrees 

I was lucky enough NOT to get the forum layout changes, but experienced the slowdown on Monday night from 12mn -1,30m ..so fed up, I then went to bed.

The forum slowdown started again at 8pm last night and like everone else affected it was a nightmare. Posts would time out before they posted. |Error messages whilst moving from thread to thread.

To be honest I nearly gave it up at 10pm but only kept going as I wanted to post on the Beatles quiz at 11pm.

It then became intermittent. Sometimes it was slow and others back to normal....

In all my years on this forum I have never experienced anything like it.

*The Game Is On*

Level 26: Upbeat

got to say @Cleoriff it was confusing because I thought we were changing over to a new style,
would have thought though we would have been given some notice however it all disappeared 🤔 good that the community posted as I read those comments, @pgn of course humourously posting on "should have gone to specsavers" All was right in the world then🤣

Topics: 115

@TallTrees wrote:
got to say @Cleoriff it was confusing because I thought we were changing over to a new style,
would have thought though we would have been given some notice however it all disappeared 🤔 good that the community posted as I read those comments, @pgn of course humourously posting on "should have gone to specsavers" All was right in the world then🤣

@TallTrees 

I don`t think this has anything to with changes to the forum, which we have been assured will be put to us before being implimented.

From what I can gather, from posts in various threads across the forum yesterday, the issue was said to have been fixed, but, as @Cleoriff pointed out, the forum slowed down around 8pm, members, myself included, had real problems going from one board to another no matter what was being used [Firefox, Chrome, etc] so wasn`t down to that. Then problems seemed to disappear and/or became intermittent.

To say that this has been annoying and making contributing to the Community difficult is putting it mildly and hope that as things seem to be OK so far today that there is no reoccurence later.

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 548

All is good this morning although I quite liked the non politically correct colours without a big banner.

Level 26: Upbeat

Seems it is fixed now @Mi-Amigo 

Thank you for the update. 

I just struggled on ~ that's me!upside down

Just keep your fingers crossed for tonight though. Any idea what caused this @Marjo @Martin-O2 ??

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 548

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just keep your fingers crossed for tonight though. Any idea what caused this @Marjo @Martin-O2 ??

'Twas the hamster

Latest update @Marjo 

Last night from 8pm, forum slow, espacially moving from one board to another but did improve later.

Today - in Off Topic, long wait to connect to threads using Firefox; but now I`m using Chrome is OK [normal speed].

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

I had no issues at all last night @Marjo 

Running FF on PC...I must have been the 'special one' rofl

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

I had no issues at all last night @Marjo 

Running FF on PC...I must have been the 'special one' rofl

Well they do say that the sun shines sun on the righteous @Cleoriff  innocent

Robert Kennedy.