It's like 1999 all over again
Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees 

I was lucky enough NOT to get the forum layout changes, but experienced the slowdown on Monday night from 12mn -1,30m ..so fed up, I then went to bed.

The forum slowdown started again at 8pm last night and like everone else affected it was a nightmare. Posts would time out before they posted. |Error messages whilst moving from thread to thread.

To be honest I nearly gave it up at 10pm but only kept going as I wanted to post on the Beatles quiz at 11pm.

It then became intermittent. Sometimes it was slow and others back to normal....

In all my years on this forum I have never experienced anything like it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 82

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
got to say @Cleoriff it was confusing because I thought we were changing over to a new style,
would have thought though we would have been given some notice however it all disappeared 🤔 good that the community posted as I read those comments, @pgn of course humourously posting on "should have gone to specsavers" All was right in the world then🤣

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 72 of 82

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
got to say @Cleoriff it was confusing because I thought we were changing over to a new style,
would have thought though we would have been given some notice however it all disappeared 🤔 good that the community posted as I read those comments, @pgn of course humourously posting on "should have gone to specsavers" All was right in the world then🤣

@TallTrees 

I don`t think this has anything to with changes to the forum, which we have been assured will be put to us before being implimented.

From what I can gather, from posts in various threads across the forum yesterday, the issue was said to have been fixed, but, as @Cleoriff pointed out, the forum slowed down around 8pm, members, myself included, had real problems going from one board to another no matter what was being used [Firefox, Chrome, etc] so wasn`t down to that. Then problems seemed to disappear and/or became intermittent.

To say that this has been annoying and making contributing to the Community difficult is putting it mildly and hope that as things seem to be OK so far today that there is no reoccurence later.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 73 of 82

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All is good this morning although I quite liked the non politically correct colours without a big banner.

Message 74 of 82

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Seems it is fixed now @Mi-Amigo 

Thank you for the update. 

I just struggled on ~ that's me!upside_down

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 75 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just keep your fingers crossed for tonight though. Any idea what caused this @Marjo @Martin-O2 ??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 82

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just keep your fingers crossed for tonight though. Any idea what caused this @Marjo @Martin-O2 ??

'Twas the hamster

Message 77 of 82

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Latest update @Marjo 

Last night from 8pm, forum slow, espacially moving from one board to another but did improve later.

Today - in Off Topic, long wait to connect to threads using Firefox; but now I`m using Chrome is OK [normal speed].

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 78 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I had no issues at all last night @Marjo 

Running FF on PC...I must have been the 'special one' rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 82

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I had no issues at all last night @Marjo 

Running FF on PC...I must have been the 'special one' rofl

Well they do say that the sun shines sun on the righteous @Cleoriff  innocent

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 80 of 82