Did you mean: 

Forum T&C and implementation

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/o2-community

still has references to the old phbb forum (red flag)

I urge all members to read the T&C to ensure when posting they do not breach them

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
its a toughie... " is defamatory of any person, entity or ORGANISATION " In theory that could justify red flagging any criticism of O2 in recent days.... what is defamatory and what is fair comment...its a tough call sometimes.
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes sense to review them, Adam. Thanks.

Muffmasterh, I always feel it's usually best to just apply common sense and your best judgement to the specific situation slight_smile
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree Leonard and usually its obvious but I was making a point that just sometimes it could be a tough call.....
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, definitely true
Message 5 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm guessing that 25% of posts on the 11th breached one or more of those conditions, that's a conservative estimate. Most of the regulars are aware of what can/can't be posted and did a good job of policing the original forum.

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wednesday was a day where people were quite upset, but doesn't it come down to the strictness of applying those rules? In that regard, it seems a lot has changed during the last 6 months.
Message 7 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Wednesday was a day where people were quite upset, but doesn't it come down to the strictness of applying those rules? In that regard, it seems a lot has changed during the last 6 months.

No Rules and T&C are not guidlines they are conditions and must be applied to all posts, not selectivly do not try to bend the rules enforce them.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Leonard, just off the top of your head, what would your reaction be to this as a reply? :

"Not as much as I pity you, I shall sleep soundly tonight with or without a working phone. Good luck."

to this post:

"I pity you."

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi perksie,

I would probably edit both replies because it's a personal attack.
Message 10 of 28