Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Feedback

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Interesting to note that all posts now have date & time beside them.

Why change from 10 minutes ago, today etc? I know which I prefer.

Also, why do I have to click another link after replying to a post? Just about every other forum I use will automatically return you to the thread or insert the post inline.

#siwy
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning guys,

Yep, we're now using normal dates/times for posts, just like most forums. The confirmation page is something I'm still trying to get rid of, so bear with me slight_smile 

I don't know if this new or not but digging around in the settings I came across this

My Settings -> Preferences -> Display Options -> Use Relative Dates

Now dates show up as 48 minutes ago/2 hours ago/Yesterday/Monday etc.

That's a lot better in my opinion!

Unfortunately, I will need to remain logged in though...

#siwy
Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, that's it browni slight_smile
Message 23 of 31

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Don't be so bloody condescending.

You make sweeping changes across the board and presumably you want us to find the changes that have been made to our accounts/preferences.

Also, regarding your latest PM, how do you figure that I am a Nokia expert considering that the vast majority of my time here has been in the broadband forum.

Have you been looking at my mobile account with O2?

#siwy
Message 24 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Seems we were good enough for Beta but times have changed. There is an awful lot of upset amongst us ex superusers.

Message 25 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do the "regulars" or "superusers" even gain from posting here? O2, as a company, have never given a rats arse about this forum or you for that matter. Didn't they even employ a third-party to manage it (and censor words like "ruddy") without any interaction?
Message 26 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing, it's about helping not about what you can gain.
Your right about everything else.

Message 27 of 31

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
What do the "regulars" or "superusers" even gain from posting here? O2, as a company, have never given a rats arse about this forum or you for that matter. Didn't they even employ a third-party to manage it (and censor words like "ruddy") without any interaction?

As NPR posted previously we don't get anything apart from satisfaction in helping another user.

We were all noobs once and may have called on the more experienced members for some help and advice. Now we are the experienced members and are passing the information down the line.

#siwy
Message 28 of 31

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Interesting one

Success! Click to go to your post

It's already on the screen!

Where are your programmers based? The amount of Snafus I've seen recently suggests that you do not have a proper quality control/testing regime in place.

Before you ask, I am a systems developer and would probably be sacked if I produced such a substandard product.

#siwy
Message 29 of 31

Wilt
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@browni wrote:

Interesting one

Success! Click to go to your post

http://i47.tinypic.com/5cbofd.jpg

It's already on the screen!

Where are your programmers based? The amount of Snafus I've seen recently suggests that you do not have a proper quality control/testing regime in place.

Before you ask, I am a systems developer and would probably be sacked if I produced such a substandard product.

That looks like it is only the second reply on the page - imagine if you had a smaller monitor or the reply was further down - I would assume that the link would just scoll down the page to your post.

Message 30 of 31