cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to upgrade IE by O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that you will be forced to upgrade from IE7 to IE8 or if you have a problem logging into billing they will refuse to help. It seems there website now uses a new feature to compress scripts but ONLY if you have wireless broadband (USB Dongle). I spent almost 3 weeks to be told in the end I MUST use IE8 or they refuse to help. Why do people start modifying websites before the new IE8 is in common use. I have an Acer laptop and the empowering technology software I paid for (Full version) is not compatible with IE8. I now have to use IE8 on another PC just to view my on line billing. Has anyone else found this problem using IE7.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I can see my billing on IE 7 using both Laptop and Desktop.

Why not try Firefox browser.

It works ok on this too.

I have had problems with IE8 and not all website supporting it yet..

I have used it, but then removed it.

What is the problem you are having as such?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I tried to view my on line billing it would not let me vew usag of my Wirless internet or even my bill. I was told by O2 that it will not work in IE7 as the new IE8 has a new compression when using scripts. I was told unless I upgrade to IE8 they will not give me any support or help any further.

They also said it is a known problem with IE7 but still they implemented the change on there website to use the nw IE8 feature without warning anyone. I have Firefox but it failed with that to. It's as if the IE8 new feature is required. They tried getting me to add O2 as a trusted site but even that fails, so I have no option but to use IE8 just for O2 billing.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
hmm no major website customises its site for a new browsers only, it be daft. cant see why your ie7 wouldn't work as ie6 does.

like suggested id try opera/firefox/chrome/safari.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I can assure you that is what O2 told me. I said waht if i use Opera but they said it will not make any diff as im running windows. If i was on a MAC and opera there would be no problem. I feel they should not impliment chenges like this the way they have this soon. I do use firefox but I have the same problem. In firefox if I click on view bill or usage I get the message Time out error, the server is taking to long to respond and in IE7 unable to display page. They are looking into it but it all started going wrong since they changed the website.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I forgot in IE i use even IE8 now and click on billing or usage i get the error message DASH_ERROR4 : and somthing about the account details in the address bar is invalid but Firefox just times out all the time
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
i use firefox, it 's ok

---------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 7