cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five days of no network coverage and been given the run-around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Set the scene. For nearly two years, uninterrupted network coverage at home with O2. last week, only O2 SOS, no calls, no text. WiFi still fine at home. Blackberry Z10. Coverage fine once half a klik away from home. The geography has not changed, the house has not changed, the leaves have fallen off the trees, that's about it.

Work on local mast to take place Friday 19th. (Update Monday 22nd, Now maintenance no longer listed, so either not done, not going to be done, or already done: still O2 SOS, no coverage).

Advised to go to O2 shop and change SIM. Done on friday, half a day of my life wasted, no change, O2 SOS.

Half a dozen on-line chat sessions, and no further improvement, apart from endlessly repeating the same checks, switch off, take out SIM, stand on head and drink cup of tea etc.

Then today reliably informed by on-line service guru to get in touch with O2 Networks people, as they could provide signal booster. Given number, called, service person clearly stated that O2 do not provide signal booster.

Back to square one again.

Any ideas?

Irritated in Aberdeen.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also fail to see why, having paid for a service and taken in all the guff about how great they are, that I should then underwrite the service failings by wasting hours of my time either attempting to wheedle the correct answers out of the provider or subsequently having to download application after application to correct a failing on their part.

It is not as if we live on Rockall - we are 10 minutes to the North of Aberdeen.

Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd tend to agree with you on Issue #3
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. So friends visited yesterday evening.

Friends' i-Phone is on O2, in the house, 2 metres away from my Z10 on O2.

I have no access apart from O2 SOS, his i-phone has full five bars on 2G.

He makes a call and sends a text to his girlffriend sitting next to him on V'fone, and she receives both clearly and immediately.

So, looks like Z10 aerial degradation.

Will be online at 07:00.

Due upgrade/change on 4th January, wonder if after all this hassle I will have to wait until then, as very happy with Z10, no intention of changing unless cornered, so wanting a replacement unit?

Message 13 of 22

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can upgrade early but of course there may be some cost involved. As for  a replacement unit the phone would have to go in for repair, preferably to thee manufacturer.

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been through another 30 minutes of wasted lifetime to get the same answers as before. Had enough, cancelling contract due to lack of service provision and changing proivider.

Now, what to do about recovering the senseless waste of time and loss of part of my life over the last five days?

Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just been through another 30 minutes of wasted lifetime to get the same answers as before. Had enough, cancelling contract due to lack of service provision and changing proivider.

Now, what to do about recovering the senseless waste of time and loss of part of my life over the last five days?

I fear this waste of time will never be recovered @Anonymous . However I hope the rest of it all works out for you. Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

In process of cancelling contract. Not only are O2 not prepared to bring forward the upgrade/change from 4th january (like that would hurt!) they also will not replace the Z10, but refer to mnaufactureres warranty, repair etc etc. In the interim, still no service.

Vodafone extremely helpful, Z10 already been dispatched, will arrive within a couple of days, and number transfer takes 1 day. Service deal is also cheaper and better.

Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good for you. So pleased you are getting a better deal. Best of luck with your new phone...and provider:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
More people need to do the same before o2 will realise and do something about their lack of care for customers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 22

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
I don't think o2 are really bothered to them its all about numbers how many customers they have and how much they are spending,not how good there customer service is
Message 20 of 22