cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five days of no network coverage and been given the run-around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Set the scene. For nearly two years, uninterrupted network coverage at home with O2. last week, only O2 SOS, no calls, no text. WiFi still fine at home. Blackberry Z10. Coverage fine once half a klik away from home. The geography has not changed, the house has not changed, the leaves have fallen off the trees, that's about it.

Work on local mast to take place Friday 19th. (Update Monday 22nd, Now maintenance no longer listed, so either not done, not going to be done, or already done: still O2 SOS, no coverage).

Advised to go to O2 shop and change SIM. Done on friday, half a day of my life wasted, no change, O2 SOS.

Half a dozen on-line chat sessions, and no further improvement, apart from endlessly repeating the same checks, switch off, take out SIM, stand on head and drink cup of tea etc.

Then today reliably informed by on-line service guru to get in touch with O2 Networks people, as they could provide signal booster. Given number, called, service person clearly stated that O2 do not provide signal booster.

Back to square one again.

Any ideas?

Irritated in Aberdeen.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Download the My Network app (on WiFi) and keep on reporting the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I understand it... you mention signal boosters? I think these are only available from O2 for those on business contracts?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can ask customers services to be kept updated on repairs now too.

Boost boxes as said are for business customers but even they may be phased out as TuGo is now available to business customers.

Tip : O2 have been known to give goodwill gestures for prolonged loss of service, although they do cover themselves in the T&C.
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do.

Also advised by online "Guru" at one point, after informing of handset type, to download TU Go. Which of course does not work with Blackberry / Z10.

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

And now appears that the my-network app does not download to Blackberry either.

Starts to feel a little like ethnic cleansing ....

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have access to a family or friends phone on O2 that can be used to report via the MYNETWORK App.
Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I knew Tugo wasn't available but you should be able to sideload the My Network app via Snap....?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are three potential causes here.

1/ The phone SIM has degraded.

Since it was replaced with a new SIM last Friday - does not apply.

2/ The Z10 aerial has degraded.

It works pretty much everywhere else faultlessly - I am working on the basis that does not apply.

3/ There has been a change to the network coverage.

I have asked this question several times, but no answer.

That leaves us with item 3/.

Becomes fairly obvious when you consider that there has been uninterrupted service for nearly two years.

I have worked in a safety critical operations environment for most of my life, and can smell bull**bleep** from a mile off.

Someone somewhere in O2 knows, but is not telling.

I would be quite happy to understand that the service provider has moved/changed a mast/coverage.

At least then I can tell them to poke it and move to another provider: since my girlfriend's phone operates just fine here, it is an O2 issue.

Problem identified, currently unable to deal with it for lack of information.

Message 10 of 22