cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit farce

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have seen the "great" deals O2 has posted re: the FitBit but for the sake of your sanity, I would avoid ordering this online. I ordered this last Thursday (26th Nov) on the basis that it would be delivered the next day. Come Friday, I had not received an email to confirm the item had been dispatched, and so I contacted O2 via their online help, only to be told that the item would be delivered "within 24 hours" i.e. by about 5pm on the Saturday. Come Saturday evening, no FitBit, so I again got in touch with O2 and was told that because Royal Mail does not deliver on the weekend (?!), the item would be delivered on Monday. Monday...no FitBit. Got in touch yet again, and told this time that the order had been cancelled because it is out of stock. 

Now if you visit the O2 shop, you will notice that the item is listed as in stock:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/fitness-trackers/fitbit/charge-hr/#contractType=nonconnected

I have just spent 53 minutes on the phone with someone who confirmed that the FitBit is indeed out of stock and they have no idea when it will be back in stock. Clearly someone is asleep on the job.

I am absolutely perplexed about how a) O2 can be offering an item for sale when they do not even have an item b) their complete lack of communication re: delivery delays c) their practice of cancelling an order without informing the customer. Had I not contacted them, I would still be expecting the item. The solution for this? To place another order...for an item that is not in stock! 

O2's inconsistency is absolutely maddening. I had previously placed an order for the FitBit and the delivery was delayed because they were "out of stock" but I was reassured that they regularly get stock and that I would receive the item within 1-2 days. However, because this overlapped with the Black Friday deal, and I would have spent more on the FitBit yet not received it in time, I was advised to cancel and place the order again. So the first time my delivery was delayed, I received no communication but was told that the order would be theoretically fulfilled as priority in a couple of days. The second time my delivery was repeatedly delayed and then inexplicably cancelled with again no communication. This makes me wonder if my first order would ever have been fulfilled?

In addition, I don't understand why the people on O2 chat mislead customers - why was I repeatedly told different times for delivery, none of which were true? This does not instil trust in O2 customer services at all. Furthermore, the staff on the online chat are clearly not trained well - I requested a transcript of my latest chat and was told it could not be sent while I was still online. This despite the fact that a previous rep had sent my a transcript while online and stayed with me until I received the transcript. I did of course tell the latest rep this but was repeatedly ignored and told he was "sorry I felt that way". Not sorry that he incapable of doing his job or asking for help if he didn't know how to do it.

To be fair, the lady I spoke to on the phone (because I was so disatisfied with the online chat) tried her best to help and was just as perplexed over the whole thing as I was. I now have to go all the way to a store to pick up a FitBit, but I lament the time and energy I wasted trying to order this online. O2, really - absolutely shocking. Do not sell an item if you don't have it. Simple.

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ironically I have just posted about the lack of communication for the one I ordered on 27th Nov in a separate post - now I have just read this I am properly concerned since I have ordered this as a Xmas gift. Out of interest what customer number can you call to try and get a resolution? Also if I am not going to get this before Xmas how can I cancel and get the refund?

Thanks

Message 21 of 69

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, feel free to send me a PM about this and we'll see what can be done for you.

@Anonymous, have you spoken to customer service on 202?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also had the same problem, after enquiring where my Fitbit was, as it hadn't arrived, I was informed it was out of stock and won't be in stock till 16th of December which is too late for me as it was for a birthday present.

I asked to cancel the order which was fine but was told the refund has to go on to my mobile account and then I have to call back when my bill is out on the 17th Dec and phone back then to get it refunded on to the card I paid with.  I'm seriously unhappy with this why can't it just go straight to my card, what if I wasn't an O2 customer and needed a refund?.....I really don't understand their policy, I just want my money back quick as I had to buy a Fitbit somewhere else.  Not my fault it was out of stock...The guy on the phone was so rude as he just didn't get why I was questioning this.  Is this normal practice?

I will never buy from O2 online shop again!!

Message 23 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Another one for @Toby to look into I think? At this time of year people can't afford to be out of pocket due to O2's appalling ordering system ....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 69

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
By law, refunds should be applied by directly reversing the payment process.
A credit can be offered but you don't have to accept it.
Call CS back on 202 and speak to them again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 69

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
So there's no system in place to refund to card???
Come off it..
How do they refund non o2 accounts?
Message 26 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
So there's no system in place to refund to card???
Come off it..
How do they refund non o2 accounts?

Which is exactly what @Anonymous asked....Appalling really

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly @MI5 if you get a refund from anywhere else it has to be refunded onto the original payment card.

He said as he was a pay monthly advisor this is the only way he could refund it by crediting my account, I asked to speak to someone else about this, someone who could put the refund on my card and he starting raising his voice saying he is the only one I can speak to as I am a pay monthly customer.  

What has buying a Fitbit got to do with my mobile account....I really don't get it. I asked the question many times what if I wasn't an O2 customer, he could not answer the question, kept saying he didn't know. I have never spoke to anyone on the phone who was so rude before...he said I was "exhausting him"....nice way to talk to loyal customers. I really wouldn't like to hear how he would talk to irrate customers.

I will give them a call back tomorrow. £69 is a lot of money to be out of pocket at this time of the year, through no fault of my own. 

Message 28 of 69

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry you've had to go through this,
Hopefully another advisor will be more reasonable with you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I said earlier @Anonymous I have mentioned @Toby in this thread. He is the community manager and may be able to help. Pop back tomorrow and see if he responds. He will if he can do anything....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 69