cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time O2 Customer not Happy will not renew!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All my current experience with O2:
I would just like to express my frustration with O2 services as my bill is overdue and i cannot pay it by any means whatsoever:
1-my Phone has an outgoing Call ban even to the customer service number
2-the 24hour payment line closes at 20:00 weekdays (how can they claim 24H this is definately false information???)
3-the online payment does not work
4-i cannot view my bill online as clicking the link brings me back to my O2 home page.
5-ringing the payment line from another phone during the office hours failed on the payment twice!!!
6-i hadto start using another phone as this one is no use until the bill is paid and i cant pay it by any means? so i am officially paying for two phones!!!
7-24hours online customer support is an FAQ and should be re-named accordingly!!!
8- the email us section does not work as when i click submit it returns to the

your details screen and the 1500 character limit is rubbish
this is now getting very upsetting for me
I have never experienced such a rubbish service i have alway been on Orange network and their customer support is fantastic and 24hours as it should be on top the payment line is automated and 24hours and bills can be viewed and paid online without problems.
This is completely atrocious and i give anything to know how do i pay my
outstanding balance on the bill the phone has now been in my drawer at home for over a month and i want to stop receiving letters reminding me to pay
i really hope the 18 months of the contract are quickly over so that i can revert to a better Service provider!!!
my fault for wanting an IPHONE
:robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotsad: :robotsad: :robotsad: Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad
whats your experience like?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct me here, but if you have a phone contract then you must have a bank account to allow O2 to take a direct debit out of your account. So I take it that you have cash flow problems hence the overdue payment? In that case, why take out a contract in the first place?
But I digress, have you tried going into an O2 shop and paying over the counter?

I'm afraid you can't pay over the counter, however they can phone retail support and pay over the phone on the customers behalf.

With all due respect to the original poster, the complete bar goes on after an initial bar that will allow calls to customer services if payment is still not made so you will have been able to call then. There is also a number that you can phone from any land line which is 0870 241 0202.

The payment failing isn't o2 fault. The fact that you are using 2 phones isn't o2's fault either.

Either call that number or go to an o2 store and pay with your card there and the bar will be lifted within 24 hours.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have always had the very highest levels of customer service from O2. I think the fact that you are having so many problems suggests that it is you that is the problem. Just calm down, phone customer service and pay your bill.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just how long overdue is your bill? If its been in the drawer for over a month and you have been receiving letters suggest its long overdue. I'm sorry but this is a problem of your own making. Any service provider would disconnect you in those circumstances and if you really wanted to pay your bill I am absolutely sure you would be able to as there are so many options availabe.If a card payment over the phone fails, again that would point to a problem with your card/bank especially as o2 have not been able to take a DD which should have been set up initially. I would suggest sending a cheque but you will say that you don't have a cheque book but you could get a bankers draft. Just pay your bill and you will have no problem with o2. :womanindifferent:
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Well I guess as this is a contract phone your bill will go up each month and o2 will instigate debt recovey procedings that will affect your credit rating so in your own interest suggest you pay the bill somehow and get a dd set up to prevent it happening again.

What contract if you are on a business contract then you cannot view in my o2 you have to use the sme login for the account. That would explai back to my o2 home.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The original post is a prime example of somebody complaining about their bill when it's their own fault it's not paid in the first place.

You say that you're using another phone as o2 have barred your handset and you are so desperate to pay your bill...hmm...why not use this 'other phone' to call up and pay it?

At the end of the day o2 have several methods of payment available and it's your responsibility to make sure your bill is paid on time using one of these methods.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If all else fails I guess you could put money into an envelope along with the current paper bill/reminder and send it recorded delivery to O2. Even if they tell you not to send money, they'll still accept it. Problem solved! grin
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you dont pay your bill your reminder should come with a sheet attatched at the bottom that you can take to your bank and send them a payment cant remember what its called plus i had the same problem with online billing but it turned out it was me being stupid and making a new account with my phone number when o2 set up an account for you just have to phone cust support to get ur username and they text u ur pass

anyway as is said above it looks like its your problem and not theres
Message 8 of 8