Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling scammed

Grumpy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a Talk Talk mobile customer for 30 months, Talk Talk are ceasing mobile provision and Have a "Partnership with O2" On my TT account page there was an upgrade  offer, with O2, of a Samsung J3 with 1GB of data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts for £14 per month for 24 months, I called the standard TT number, told them what I required and the operator said she was "putting me through to sales".

The sales person then asked how she could help, I said " I am a Talk Talk mobile customer and i would like to take the offer of a Samsung J3 with 1GB of data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts for £14 per month for 24 months" she then launched into her sales pitch talking rapidly, (to be honest, she lost me) took details from me for setting up an account with banking details then asked if i was happy, I then asked her "Can you confirm that I will get a Samsung J3 with 1GB of data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts for £14 per month for 24 months" she said "yes" 

I received the phone, set it up, rang with my PAC code and my old number was transferred over on the 6th Sept

When I logged on to my O2 account i noticed that my tariff was what I expected but at £22 per month for 24 months with a bolt on of £6 discount for 12 months, not what I agreed to, on complaining to O2 i then discovered that i hadn't been talking to O2 but a company called LBM who sold me the package. since raising a complaint with LBM my bolt on has changed to £8 discount for 12 months, still not what i asked for or agreed to but. in my view, an acknowledgement  of the justification of my complaint

I don't want to cancel my order within the 14 day time slot as I like the phone, I just want the deal that I agreed to, I have informed Talk Talk of my problem as well, it appears that the "Parnership" is cemented together with an unscrupulous sales company who mis sell contracts

Please advise 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Grumpy
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies guys, i received a reply to my "Resolver" action today and it was positive:

"As I’m unable to confirm what deal was offered when you spoke with the sales advisor, I believe that your complaint should be upheld.

My actions: I’m really sorry that you’re unhappy with the service that you’ve received from us. Customer satisfaction is something that we take seriously and I’ve forwarded your comments about this to the relevant parties to be addressed and investigated further. For security reasons this will be dealt with internally.

As I can see that the deal was advertised at £14 a month for 24 months, I’ve removed the current discount and applied an £8 monthly discount for 24 months. The discount will take affect from your next bill dated 3 October 2018. Please be aware, if you upgrade or cancel early, the discount will be removed." 

Message 11 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Great news @Grumpy. I'm pleased it was all sorted to your satisfaction.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 15

Grumpy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you slight_smile

Mexican Wave

Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme