Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up of O2 false promises

sparkymarcopolo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I challenged O2 about a charge on my account which the customer service represenative who agreed with my issue and sent a request for refund.

Several days later I check my account and the chrage was still there.

I called again and was advised it was declined so I requested a discussion with a manager. After a lengthy conversation she agreed it was misleading and would be refunded and to check my account today, which I have and the charge is still there.

Having just been on online chat, the last input is the decline to my request who have suggested I call again.

This just about sums up my experience with O2 at the moment, false promises and not fullfilling what they say they will do. What sort of service are they running because it's a shambles and all to common with companies today. Say one thing, do another!

So what's the next step....(tempted to cancel my direct debit and stick my payg sim in my phone!).

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Whatever you do don't cancel the direct debit. O2 will just bill you for the remainder of the contract and pass it to an agency should you fail to pay it.

It will remain on your credit file for 6 years and affect any future credit agreements you try to take out.

Next step would be an official complaint in writing

How to complain

Message 2 of 46

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I won't be cancelling but I'm getting on the phone again!

They won't get rid of me that easy, or I'll walk into an O2 shop and help myself to something of the same value at their expense. Fight fire with fire!

Message 3 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've been using live chat then I'd suggest speaking to uk customer services on 202 contract to challenge the charge. If you don't get resolution the first time then ring back again as it can depend on the agent you speak to.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 46

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

The OP has called, and has also used Live Chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's why I said call back as it has been known that a better resolution is achieved by doing so.
Message 6 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had origially spoke to 202 on the 20th, then last night and this morning I spoke on chat. The whole experience so far has been an utter joke!

I work in customer service and O2's is nothing like we provide, we'd get the sack if we did not follow up what we told our customers.

Offering, let alone agreeing but not seeing it through is a lack of respect to your customer. I've been with O2 since the demise of BT Cellnet days and this is my first issue 've challenged and this is how I'm treated.

Quality of a company is based upon how they deal with issues, not when things are going well. So far they've failed miserably!

Message 8 of 46

jonsie
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 9 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree if a promise if callback etc and an agreement to deal with the issue has been agreed upon and then not acted upon that's a terrible service.
Message 10 of 46