Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up of O2 false promises

sparkymarcopolo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I challenged O2 about a charge on my account which the customer service represenative who agreed with my issue and sent a request for refund.

Several days later I check my account and the chrage was still there.

I called again and was advised it was declined so I requested a discussion with a manager. After a lengthy conversation she agreed it was misleading and would be refunded and to check my account today, which I have and the charge is still there.

Having just been on online chat, the last input is the decline to my request who have suggested I call again.

This just about sums up my experience with O2 at the moment, false promises and not fullfilling what they say they will do. What sort of service are they running because it's a shambles and all to common with companies today. Say one thing, do another!

So what's the next step....(tempted to cancel my direct debit and stick my payg sim in my phone!).

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@sparkymarcopolo wrote:

PM sent Toby, let's see what happens but it should never have got to this stage!

@Couldn't agree more @sparkymarcopolo 

Message 41 of 46

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Big thanks to Toby for intervening here, not forgetting those who contributed to this discussion and the messages of worthwhile info (which I have used to escalate this experience).

Finally the charges have been removed. slight_smile

It would be too easy for me to put this down to experience so for what benefit I might be able to offer, if it can assist just one people by not having to go through what I have, I've escalated this to several departments, all of which are in communication with me now. It's not always about a resolution but what can be done to improve future experiences for others.

I work in customer service myself and it's not acceptable that conversations/notes and actions are not recorded (at their choice),let alone put in place.

I'll keep this thread updated on progress, it's the least I can do.

Thanks again

Mark

Message 42 of 46

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That really is the most frustrating aspect of it - when you have to keep repeating yourself over and over to different people....
Great that you got there in the end slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Brilliant news Mark. It took a long time and much frustration but you got there..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree eventually a good outcome slight_smile
Message 45 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a shame it took the intervention of Toby to get this resolved.

I wonder would you still be getting the runaround or given up entirely if not for the forum support as many may well have done.

A good outcome in the end slight_smile

Message 46 of 46