Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoji = some are OK, some are 'squashed'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have your emoji changed size recently?

Please would you have a look and comment below

Mine are rather a mixed bunch

The lower lines of emoji are rather squashed up & difficult to read the captions

Another result of the Re-Working of the Community? ShirtyDestroyGrumpy

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

No update on the "squashed" emojis yet, it's still being looked into. slight_smile

However, Lithium has now told me the missing emojis looks sorted on their end, so I wanted to check with you if that was your experience as well. Can any of you still see text instead of some emojis? If so can you please let me know which browser and device you're using, and if possible send a screenshot across too so I can update the ticket?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 61 of 74

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT 

All emoji's are now showing (apart from the old ones showing squashed)

Tested on PC using Firefox and again using Chrome. Tested on mobile using Chrome and all ok.

PS just to mention, whilst using Chrome on PC I experienced the sign in loop you spoke about yesterday.

It is annoying, as of course, you are encouraged to change password.

Knowing this was nonsense, I simply opened a new tab and as suspected, I was actually signed in.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 74

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Great, thanks for confirming @Cleoriff! In case that error comes back please give me a shout thumbsup

Thank you for the sign-in loop feedback as well, I saw all the comments you and a few others have shared in that other thread, I meant to reply to you all earlier but will do so shortly. I can't tell if the two sign-in loops are triggered by the same root cause but the more we know of everyone's experience of the forum, the better slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 63 of 74

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, and good news! We've just added a fix that streamlines a bit more the size of all emojis, so none of them are "squashed" anymore slight_smile

signature

Message 64 of 74

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Hi everyone, and good news! We've just added a fix that streamlines a bit more the size of all emojis, so none of them are "squashed" anymore slight_smile

Yes, mine look better now, though they've moved around a bit. But still not squashed. Thanks @EmilieT for the update thumbsup

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 65 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

They are better, though some remain small.

On pc they show like this .... (though the box isn't as big.

Emoji 3.PNG

Thanks @EmilieT ...they are better. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 74

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT 

Mine are now fine thumbsup

No-one likes their emoji squashed Shocked  Crazy LOL

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 67 of 74

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff The design of the newer emojis is different and the sizes vary, and on the platform they all need to fit in a set grid in the dropdown. What we've done now is change the size of the grid to give more space to each emoji, but each cell in the grid will always resize the emojis to fit which is why some are still smaller than others. 

That being said, we can have a think about alternative solutions on our end if you guys find it too challenging to use as is slight_smile Are the smaller ones really hard to see?

signature

Message 68 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@CleoriffThe design of the newer emojis is different and the sizes vary, and on the platform they all need to fit in a set grid in the dropdown. What we've done now is change the size of the grid to give more space to each emoji, but each cell in the grid will always resize the emojis to fit which is why some are still smaller than others. 

That being said, we can have a think about alternative solutions on our end if you guys find it too challenging to use as is slight_smile Are the smaller ones really hard to see?

No @EmilieT  They are all fine. Much better to see now thanks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 74

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Great, thanks @Cleoriff  slight_smile

signature

Message 70 of 74