Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoji = some are OK, some are 'squashed'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have your emoji changed size recently?

Please would you have a look and comment below

Mine are rather a mixed bunch

The lower lines of emoji are rather squashed up & difficult to read the captions

Another result of the Re-Working of the Community? ShirtyDestroyGrumpy

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24897 Posts
  • 797 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Hi all.

I notice smileys were "squashed" making difficult to idenify which were which...

btw you experts - can anyone tell me in a non-geeky way - how and are we allowed to load smiley on here? I notice sites offering other free smileys with codes, click xxx to save, paste by clicking yyy, but when I tried putting one on post on Community thread just came up with webby address....

Hi @Mi-Amigo 

Have you tried a straight copy and paste? ie right click copy and then paste on your post. Like this

gif bed.gif

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Just to confirm... I find smiley, right click on it on website so it copies but (and I am being really thick) how do I paste in post on here - do I use any of the tool in the bar above post?)....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 74

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

No you don't need to use anything above @Mi-Amigo 

Just  right click copy and right click paste.

Dont worry if it comes up with an error when you try to post, ignore that and click post again and it will go through the 2nd time with no problem. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 74

Mi-Amigo
  • 24897 Posts
  • 797 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

No you don't need to use anything above @Mi-Amigo 

Just  right click copy and right click paste.

Dont worry if it comes up with an error when you try to post, ignore that and click post again and it will go through the 2nd time with no problem. wink

Cheers @Cleoriff Cheers me go wite 1000 times "Mi-Amigo must not be so thick on forum"D'oh!

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Nothing thick about you at all.

I found this out by asking questions a few years back.

As @Bambino  once said to me when I first joined the forum "the only stupid question is the one you never ask".

I have never forgotten that. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 74

Mi-Amigo
  • 24897 Posts
  • 797 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nothing thick about you at all.

I found this out by asking questions a few years back.

As @Bambino  once said to me when I first joined the forum "the only stupid question is the one you never ask".

I have never forgotten that. wink

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I love quotations and I`m going to add that one by @Bambino to my list of favs... It is spot-on 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 74

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Now known as "squishies" Cry LOL

Oh and on smartphone, as shown top right below, the all-important "Quote" button is still partially obscured by the preceding button/tab, Preview. 

Screenshot_20190302-081929__01.jpg

On the plus side, the Search bar now clears itself automatically as you start to type something into it thumbsup

Message 16 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

This thread was started over a month ago and absolutely no improvement to the emoji situation. In fact the 'new ones' are showing a deterioration this morning. (please note the writing 5th row down)

Forum emojis.PNG

This is on PC using FF.

Any news on a fix @Marjo  @Martin-O2  @EmilieT ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 74

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Sorry we didn't come back to you on this one earlier @Cleoriff! We're waiting to hear back from Lithium on the "squashed" emojis, and will let you guys know once we know more slight_smile

As for the deterioration you mentioned in your last post as well, I can't see it when I check myself ... I was wondering if it was still happening on your end, or if it was a temporary thing?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 74

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
Message 19 of 74

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for confirming @jonsie , this has been raised so hopefully we'll have an update for you soon smiling

Did you also notice any issue with missing emojis, as shown in the screenshot @Cleoriff posted, or are they all there?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 74