Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Topics: 95

Re: Emoji = some are OK, some are 'squashed'

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Hi all.

I notice smileys were "squashed" making difficult to idenify which were which...

btw you experts - can anyone tell me in a non-geeky way - how and are we allowed to load smiley on here? I notice sites offering other free smileys with codes, click xxx to save, paste by clicking yyy, but when I tried putting one on post on Community thread just came up with webby address....

Hi @Mi-Amigo 

Have you tried a straight copy and paste? ie right click copy and then paste on your post. Like this

gif bed.gif

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Just to confirm... I find smiley, right click on it on website so it copies but (and I am being really thick) how do I paste in post on here - do I use any of the tool in the bar above post?)....

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 677

[ Edited ]

No you don't need to use anything above @Mi-Amigo 

Just  right click copy and right click paste.

Dont worry if it comes up with an error when you try to post, ignore that and click post again and it will go through the 2nd time with no problem. wink

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

No you don't need to use anything above @Mi-Amigo 

Just  right click copy and right click paste.

Dont worry if it comes up with an error when you try to post, ignore that and click post again and it will go through the 2nd time with no problem. wink

Cheers @Cleoriff Cheers me go wite 1000 times "Mi-Amigo must not be so thick on forum"D'oh!

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Nothing thick about you at all.

I found this out by asking questions a few years back.

As @Bambino  once said to me when I first joined the forum "the only stupid question is the one you never ask".

I have never forgotten that. Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nothing thick about you at all.

I found this out by asking questions a few years back.

As @Bambino  once said to me when I first joined the forum "the only stupid question is the one you never ask".

I have never forgotten that. Smiley Wink

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I love quotations and I`m going to add that one by @Bambino to my list of favs... It is spot-on 

Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

Now known as "squishies" Cry LOL

Oh and on smartphone, as shown top right below, the all-important "Quote" button is still partially obscured by the preceding button/tab, Preview. 

Screenshot_20190302-081929__01.jpg

On the plus side, the Search bar now clears itself automatically as you start to type something into it thumbsup

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

This thread was started over a month ago and absolutely no improvement to the emoji situation. In fact the 'new ones' are showing a deterioration this morning. (please note the writing 5th row down)

Forum emojis.PNG

This is on PC using FF.

Any news on a fix @Marjo  @Martin-O2  @EmilieT ?

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Sorry we didn't come back to you on this one earlier @Cleoriff! We're waiting to hear back from Lithium on the "squashed" emojis, and will let you guys know once we know more slight smile

As for the deterioration you mentioned in your last post as well, I can't see it when I check myself ... I was wondering if it was still happening on your end, or if it was a temporary thing?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 547

Still squashed mobile, tablet and desktop....

icons.JPG

Community Manager

Thanks for confirming @jonsie , this has been raised so hopefully we'll have an update for you soon smiling

Did you also notice any issue with missing emojis, as shown in the screenshot @Cleoriff posted, or are they all there?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature