Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails/PM's re New Ranks?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Annoying little bugbear of mine (and have been discussing this with Marjo) so it would be interesting to ask the regulars...

@MI5  is exempt wink

Every time we went up a rank we were informed via an auto generated PM and email.

Since Mercedes left I have never had any notification that I have moved up a rank. I only know if I notice a change on my avatar.

I know @Glory1  is the same. She is never informed nowadays. 

So who else is left out...and who gets a PM informing them of change of rank?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think the majority of people who have answered on this thread are indicating that they no longer get notifications/PM's or emails when they go up a rank (or if they do, it's intermittent) @Marjo 

As for me, checking my notification feed is nigh impossible. I tried it last night and due to the volume of Notifications I receive, they only go back 2 pages.

I can't date when I actually levelled up, though I think it was 2 months ago when I noticed. My notifications only show for the last 2 weeks.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my little 'research project' wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 109

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers for all the info and updates - we've updated the case and it's being looked into as a bug. Will let you know when we hear more.

@Bambino You mentioned the top header size. We've indeed seen the feedback, and have forwarded it over to the design teams who decide on the images. We're now waiting to hear if any changes can be made. When we have any updates, we'll post again in the homepage thread.

Message 32 of 109

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Cheers for all the info and updates - we've updated the case and it's being looked into as a bug. Will let you know when we hear more.

@Bambino You mentioned the top header size. We've indeed seen the feedback, and have forwarded it over to the design teams who decide on the images. We're now waiting to hear if any changes can be made. When we have any updates, we'll post again in the homepage thread.

@Marjo 

Re- the banner [top header], with respect, it should not be the design teams who decide on the images but you and us, the users. Further to that, it is not whether any changes can be made because, from experience in the distant past as admin to forums on other websites, it is a fact that changes can be made to suit the customers` requirements, and, in my opinion, it is more a question of whether the design teams actually want to make changes.

May I also suggest that when a new design is submitted by the design teams and before it is implimented the sample template is posted on the forum for members to comment and decide whether or not it is acceptable and fit for purpose. If it is rejected then the design team should be instructed go away and provide a subsequent template and for that to be submitted to scrutiny by the members.

I believe that such actions would be at least a more positive step towards an issue which continues to frustrate and annoy a large number of users and may also be a contributory factor in whether or not potential members join us.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to and welcome feedback from any other members.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 33 of 109

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well constructed and says it all really @Mi-Amigo 

There should be a designated time for members to test any changes before they have been made permanent. We, the members use the community and it is we the members that notice any problems and design failures before they should be implemented permanently.

In the past, there was a beta version of the new community that a dozen regulars tested by having temporary different log-ins to the normal community/forum

That way, when the changes went live, most of the issues had been sorted out.Not everything but mostly.

We were promoted to SuperUsers and wore the badge proudly, only to have that status snatched away months later at the whim of  some small-minded community manager.

I'm not saying that should happen again but I would like to see a beta version, tested by the regulars before such major changes are implemented again which will stop all the complaints we have and the oh, so slow response from the design (?) team.

Message 34 of 109

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Completely agree with you both @Mi-Amigo and @jonsie.
Why the layout/design/functionality of ANY website is not at least passed in front of the end users is a mystery and certainly needs to change...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 35 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I totally support the comments made by @gmarkj @Mi-Amigo and @jonsie 

No changes of this magnitude should ever be foisted on the people who use the forum more than any design team. It wasn't gradual, it was a massive change in one foul swoop. Logged off one day, logged on the next and thought I was going mad. A bit like Alice down the rabbit hole.

Whoever designed that godawful banner, has never been a member of this community.

Whoever thought it was a great idea to remove the sections such as PAYG, Pay Monthly, Apple, Android, other devices etc etc from the home page needs to go back to design school.

It turned a one click process into a 3 click process... ie Explore the Forum>>> Another page listing the sections>>>> click on the one you want and eventually you end up with the section you you require.

Time consuming and a retrograde step.

Any good business implements change gradually and usually with input from the users.

This 'experiment' was a mess up of massive proportions.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 109

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hmmm..  Has this wandered somewhat off topic? 

I haven't had a PM about a level change in ages, Firestarter or no! yahoo

Oddly, I did used to get them in pairs, one for the level I was on, one for the level I'd gone up to. 

Message 37 of 109

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I would add my agreement to everything said by @Mi-Amigo, @jonsie, @gmarkj and @Cleoriff. We use the forum every day, yet had no say in major changes. Changes apparently geared to new users who often post once and are never heard from again. Changes by a design team who have never been members nor actually use the forum at all. 

We've had the odd new member say they like the changes but do not actually respond to users queries as we do, so fail to understand our complaints. Think us out of touch and resistant to change. That's not the case at all. There is nothing wrong with change but only when it's practical and helpful to those that have to use it the most. Unfortunately none of the changes have been helpful or practical to us the regular users. And our complaints taken as purely resistance to all change. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 38 of 109

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I would add my agreement to everything said by @Mi-Amigo, @jonsie, @gmarkj and @Cleoriff. We use the forum every day, yet had no say in major changes. Changes apparently geared to new users who often post once and are never heard from again. Changes by a design team who have never been members nor actually use the forum at all. 

We've had the odd new member say they like the changes but do not actually respond to users queries as we do, so fail to understand our complaints. Think us out of touch and resistant to change. That's not the case at all. There is nothing wrong with change but only when it's practical and helpful to those that have to use it the most. Unfortunately none of the changes have been helpful or practical to us the regular users. And our complaints taken as purely resistance to all change. 

Well put @Glory1 

I entirely agree with the points you made.

The objections to the banner have not been negative response to a dislike to change but have been a positive constructive criticism pointing out the inadequacies and offering solutions.

Changes are meant to be for the better and an improvement. If the changes made to this forum met this criteria, then they would be supported and appreciated. From the comments made by regular users, who have more experience and knowledge of this Community than I, it it clear that the changes have not fulfilled this.

Have been involved in marketing during my years in employment and having had to deal with designers, we ensured that the designers had a knowledge of not only our requirement, but also those of our customers and as such met with them, or at least had hands-on knowledge.

This begs the question - have any of the design team ever logged on as a user of this Community? And if so, why do they not submit their findings? Why do they not come on now, set up a thread and "meet" the regulars? And lastly, why has it taken so long for any action to be considered by the designers, which has now been brought to ahead by the opinions of us, the customers?

Anyone with a basic knowledge of marketing protocol recognises the maxim of "meeting the customers` needs".

This issue can, and will be, resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned, if there is the commitment and sincere belief in addressing and rectifying the problems.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 39 of 109

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions