Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Level 3: Thinker

Email spammmed

[ Edited ]

When I signed up for O2/this forum I created a unique email address for this purpose. I now find it is inundated with spam, not from O2 but from what could be classed as "carefully selected third parties".

Is my email address accessible to all members of this forum or have those with priviledged access to it passed it on without my consent? this despite me setting my "show email" privacy option to no-one.

Simplicity.
Farewell International Favorites 10,
Hello Localphone.com
Anonymous

Re: Email spammmed

Hi Bluescreener,

That's very odd. It can't be because of the forum, because Toby and I are the only ones who can see your email adress in your profile, so it must be something else.
Level 44: Clearly Talented

You'll find as soon as any email gets set up it will get spammed rather quickly.

I cannot view your email.

Does lithium have a selling info process?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Topics: 247

Check your settings in MyO2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

I don't get spammed, do you have another email account with the same name

Level 3: Thinker

Thanks Leonard and others. It maybe elsewhere in O2 as the address is only used for my O2 account. I'm usually quite careful not to tick boxes that allow passing on my details to other companies.

Simplicity.
Farewell International Favorites 10,
Hello Localphone.com