cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edinburgh Area - Rubbish o2 Coverage last 2-3 weeks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please tell me what is going on with o2 coverage in Edinburgh??

About 2-3 weeks ago i started having problems sending and receiving texts - taking ages......then i was having problems accessing internet. Phonecalls started to disappear of go straight onto answer machine. I phoned to complain only to be told that they are working in the area on a mast - should be finished in the next 12 hours. Problem still ongoing 4 or 5 days, and then i got a text from o2 saying they were working on a mast in the area and that was putting more traffic onto the remaining masts - but it would finish on 4th November.  Could not believe this!!!!!!!

Here we are a week later (12th November), and i am still having problems sending/receiving texts, problems with internet and now my phone is either not receiving calls - anyone phoning me it just goes onto answering machine most of the time OR i am in a middle of a call and it cuts out completely!!!!! Normally after 5mins and "GPRS" section on phone shows an "E" symbol instead - then it disappears when i try to phone that person back.....

I have a business to run here and the last 2-3 weeks have been an absolute nightmare for me!!!

Seriously thinking of leaving o2 after being a loyal customer for the last 10 years......

You can't be working on the same mast for the last 2-3 weeks!!!!

I have an I-Phone 5 incase that makes any difference....

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

to the op o2 will be doing prep work for 4g in edinburgh and that may well impact on your issues http://www.o2.co.uk/4g

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't be working on the same mast for the last 2-3 weeks!!!!

They could easily have been working on the mast for 3 weeks, some have taken a month or more to repair for various reasons.

There is nothing in service status for Edinburgh so you should report it to O2:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

I'm not sure how your loyalty could prevent a mast breaking down or repair it any sooner! 

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Why would you be running a business solely on mobile phone technology? Even at its best it will never be reliable 100% of the time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Steve2295 ,

If you are on a Business Contract then speak to O2 and ask for a BoostBox.

o2 Link : http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Business)...

Message 4 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Prob not on a biz contract and the next thing will be sick in hospital with no way of contacting their aged auntie with a sick parrott wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perskie - would be nice if o2 informed the customers then if they were working on it for that length of time......

Your loyalty comment doesn't deserve a response...lol
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bambino - did i say i was running my business solely on my mobile???

If your out of the office - how do you answer ur business phonecalls??

Think.....
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

All you guys could you been useful, but you've been so much more.........lol

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone please delete this now - waste of time.......   thanks

Message 9 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

From what I read of your post, you were implying that you were relying totally on your mobile. My error.

It's good that you ticked your own comment as the solution. You obviously just came to the forum to have a moan and that's about it, isn't it? Keep being sarcastic with your comments. You'll get a lot of help here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 18