Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Topics: 120

EE fined for illegal marketing texts...

O2 had better watch out, as their "random" reset of Privacy and Communications settings in MyO2 might be considered in like fashion... 

Detail here. 

Comment welcome. 

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,116
Blog Posts: 2

Re: EE fined for illegal marketing texts...

@pgn wrote:

O2 had better watch out, as their "random" reset of Privacy and Communications settings in MyO2 might be considered in like fashion... 

Detail here. 

Comment welcome. 

I think it definitely would be considered exactly the same as EE @pgn. And honestly I hope they get caught. It would serve them right.

The other upside of being on a business contract as I've not received any marketing bumf from O2. I presume they're not that interested in their business contract customers as they are those on consumer contracts, wanting to squeeze more money out of them, if at all possible.

Hopefully, what happened to EE will be a lesson to O2. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Level 11: Motivator

Re: EE fined for illegal marketing texts...

@Glory1 

That's no doubt deliberate as a good proportion of operator business accounts incorporate a number of connections.

As part of my job I do assist people with the set up of e-mail and such like on their company issued mobiles and they tend to be very vocal if things don't work exactly as they want.

The account management is carried out by one of my colleagues but I'd imagine that given the above O2 and it's competitors probably think it's better not to spam their Business clients otherwise they might discover that their monthly revenue drops by a few hundred thousand pounds.

Current tech used:
Samsung A40 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 2 76 Mbps Down/18 Mbps up (upgraded for homeworking),
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)