Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE fined for illegal marketing texts...

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

O2 had better watch out, as their "random" reset of Privacy and Communications settings in MyO2 might be considered in like fashion... 

Detail here. 

Comment welcome. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

O2 had better watch out, as their "random" reset of Privacy and Communications settings in MyO2 might be considered in like fashion... 

Detail here. 

Comment welcome. 

I think it definitely would be considered exactly the same as EE @pgn. And honestly I hope they get caught. It would serve them right.

The other upside of being on a business contract as I've not received any marketing bumf from O2. I presume they're not that interested in their business contract customers as they are those on consumer contracts, wanting to squeeze more money out of them, if at all possible.

Hopefully, what happened to EE will be a lesson to O2. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 

That's no doubt deliberate as a good proportion of operator business accounts incorporate a number of connections.

As part of my job I do assist people with the set up of e-mail and such like on their company issued mobiles and they tend to be very vocal if things don't work exactly as they want.

The account management is carried out by one of my colleagues but I'd imagine that given the above O2 and it's competitors probably think it's better not to spam their Business clients otherwise they might discover that their monthly revenue drops by a few hundred thousand pounds.

Message 3 of 3