Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Will Be First To Launch 5G May 30th

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22936 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Don't rush out to get it. According to this article,"full next-generation 5G"will not be available until 2022, which is probably the same for all the networks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48363462

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Early-adopters, you reckon? 🙄
Message 2 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Early adopter's cashing in on the number of 5G phones that will soon be available.

Personally I'm not rushing to change my phone; I'm happy with it's speeds, love the quality of the picture streaming films and TV and, even if I was so inclined, I can't afford to pay off my phone this early in the conrract.

However, if O2 do what a network operator did in Australia, offering customers who purchasef the 4G Galaxy S10+, a new 5G Galaxy S10+ in exchange, I wouldn't say no. But seriously, can't see O2 doing that. Think of the money they'd lose Horrified

But I can dream joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Bambino 

I certainly wont be rushing out to change anything soon. What I have now suits me just fine wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to change anything 4G is much better in this area. No need to do anything as good 5G coverage won’t happen for at least another 5 years I bet
Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a little sad that EE seem to be first in any innovations whereas it used to be something O2 were good at.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's a little sad that EE seem to be first in any innovations whereas it used to be something O2 were good at.

Well they’ve got deep pockets  Smiley Indifferent

I don’t think any network can hope to compete with them, never mind O2. It wasn’t always the case, but EE are very good nowadays.

They might be expensive for some people, but sometimes you get what you pay for. 

Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Well they’ve got deep pockets  Smiley Indifferent

I don’t think any network can hope to compete with them, never mind O2. It wasn’t always the case, but EE are very good nowadays.

They might be expensive for some people, but sometimes you get what you pay for. 

That's ery true. I have an EE sim and their 4G speeds are much faster than O2 in my areas of travel.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the right conditions it will generally outperform my fibre broadband, which is mad really. But saying that, 4G doesn't always give you a reliable connection, and it will struggle in situations where too many people are trying to connect at the same time. I was at the Principality Stadium recently, and it would take ages to load a web page. Apparently, 5G has greater bandwidth and is more capable in those situations.

Mind you, they've only got four 5G devices that are available for pre-order:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/best-5g-phones

Maybe next year  wink

Message 9 of 16

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
@Glory1 if you did that and got s10 5g you'd lose the ability to have your s10 to have a micro SD card
Message 10 of 16