cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E71 on O2 with Unlimited Data Package

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Board,

I have an E71 on O2, with an unlimited data package as part of my bundle. My query is, does this allow me to use Nokia's e-mail service to alert me of new e-mails through the phone, and then read them?

I know my tariff allows "unlimited" surfing, but unsure if this would be classed as push e-mail and therefore not allowed under my terms!?

Anyone know the answer?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Board,
I have an E71 on O2, with an unlimited data package as part of my bundle. My query is, does this allow me to use Nokia's e-mail service to alert me of new e-mails through the phone, and then read them?
I know my tariff allows "unlimited" surfing, but unsure if this would be classed as push e-mail and therefore not allowed under my terms!?
Anyone know the answer?

When you have unlimited data package, you will NOT be charged for surfing the internet or using push e-mails. I have unlimited data service and it is free.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same bolt on and i have asked them at the time of purchase and the answer was there is no fair usage policy unlike other networks.

so yes go ahead and enjoy the beautiful world of www slight_smile

cheers
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that answer was wrong as there *is* a fair use policy, and it is published online on O2's Terms & Conditions. In a nutshell, it prohibits use of streaming video/audio, p2p, voip and such data-intensive applications. For light use of these functions O2 will let it pass, but they will most likely catch persistent breaking of these T&Cs and apply charges or restrict service.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thats odd because i was working in for o2 for 14 months
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thats odd because i was working in for o2 for 14 months

Yes, you work for O2 but I've received text messages from O2 regarding excessive usage (around 1GB) when I was waiting for my broadband to arrive. I was using it to watch programmes on bbc iplayer. Maybe it only applies to certain people though...
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes there is a fair usage policy. To be honest it only really gets used if you're really taking the mick downloading or using it as a modem, or if your high use is causing a negative impact on other users.
Message 7 of 7