cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Billiing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, this is a bit long, but I'd like to offer this case as warning to other customers.

We used to have a business phone account, with three family members using it, SIM only. On the 19th May 2014, we went to an O2 store to swap to three individual accounts. The store assured us that they
would take care of everything. We had three new SIM, with temporary numbers. We then transferred the
numbers, from the old account to the new accounts. I believe we made it clear during the phone
conversation, we were moving to personal accounts. I had wondered for some time why our bill was so high,
but never got round to investigate, until I mentioned it to my daughter and the mistake was relieved. We did try to contact O2, but as it had been a business account, we had to call Mon-Fri 9-5. I've only had time to do it now, as I'm off ill from work. It transpired that all the bills are in fact personal accounts. I have now spent some time talking to O2 and they have informed me that it was my responsibility to cancel. This is contrary to what we were told in store and I believe it would have been obvious during our call to transfer the numbers to the new SIM's. I'm sure they'll have a recording of the call on their system. They have refused, point blank to
refund anything, hence my complaint. We have now been paying an additional bill for an account we have
no numbers for. This over charge is currently in excess of £1,200.00.

You have been warned!

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Before you can go to watch dog etc, you first need to find out what's happened.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 21 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the picture is beoming clearer.

The in store O2 sales assistant that handled the change over was completely out of her depth and hadn't a clue what she was doing. After a long time trying, another assitant, seeing the mayhem, took over the paperwork.

The business account was closed and three new personal accounts created, as requested. However, we now have this additional account, which costs a similar amount to the old account. 

O2 won't talk to me about this account. I don't know the numbers, names on the account, password, or security questions. I only know I'm paying. I've asked for a senior supervisor to call me back, but nothing so far.

Message 22 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Your name must be on the account or else how else is it ties to you?
If not just cancel the DD.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
My name is there as having set up the account, but they say there are different names associated to the individual numbers. Non of which are my family members.
I don't want cancel it, before it all getting sorted and a refund agreed.
Message 24 of 40

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If your name is on the accounts then call customer service. They should be able to give you login details for My O2 or reset it for you. You need to speak to them or carry on paying for accounts set up that you aren't using.

Message 25 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This all sounds completely ridiculous to me....An account you are paying for but aren't using?. I can't understand what you would be being billed for?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 40

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Or why of won't discuss it with you
It's either your account or not!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 40

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's all a complete mess. Accounts are in your name whether they are associated with someone else or not. O2 will be able to tell if there are dormant accounts that have not been used for months. They need closing down and you need to speak to an adviser or manager willing to discuss them and help you.

Message 28 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried discussing with Customer Services, but they really aren't of any use what so ever. Hopefully, now I've asked for it to be escalated to a supervisor I might get somewhere. They say they'll call back withing 24hrs, but last time they promised to call back in 5 - 10 minutes, but never did, so I wont hold my breath.
Message 29 of 40

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Sounds very odd to me, how many direct debits are set up on your account. Any you don't agree with tell your bank to refund you under the direct debt guarantee. O2 will be quick in talking to you then wink
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 30 of 40