cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else think Customer Service is going down hill.

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Let me expain my situation first. I am going away to America working for roughly 4-5 months and wanted to buy out my remaining contract and upgrade early to an iphone 4. I never for one minute beleived I had a god given right to this but was willing to pay what ever it took to do this and then go on to a more expensive contract. First port of call was staff accounts, as I am on a freinds and family tariff, I got three different answers from them which were "No you can't do it", "You might be able to but not through us" and "Go to a shop they MIGHT let you". Second port of call was an O2 shop were I was told I couldn't but if I went to a pay as you go tariff then in the next month I could, I have no idea where he got that answer from? Third port of call was customer service through the 202 number, a little progress was made here first guy I spoke to said I could do it there and then if they had the stock so it would be better to ring back in a week One week passed and then the girl I spoke to said no you can't so go to a shop and they will let you. Back to the shop and no joy. :robotsad: My last option was to reluctantly chuck it in and go to another provider. Fourth port of call was retentions last sunday morning the 5th sept, the girl I spoke to did it there and then over the phone in minutes and I was told my phone would here by wednesday, alas no phone came and I was forced to ring up to trace my order. The guy said that unfortunately the system they use does input orders sometimes and this was one of those times, he re-ordered it and assured me I would have it by friday grin . Yet again I was forced to ring up Friday evening as no phone had arrived only to be told they were out of stock :robotsad: . I now have to wait another two weeks because although my phone may come wednesday he 15th sept I will be working away in this country for a fortnight and they won't let me get it sent to a store close to where I am. Now as I said I'm didn't think I had a right to a new phone and a NO from all departments would have been accepted. But it seems that none of the departments have a clear rule to give me either a yes or a no for what I wanted which is unacceptable an extremely frustrating. And I also found that staff accounts are a complete and utter waste of time and will never be dialled from my phone again. I just hope this bloody iphone is worth the wait. If you read all of this thanks and I hope it didn't bore you. wink
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I just hope this bloody iphone is worth the wait. If you read all of this thanks and I hope it didn't bore you. wink

It probably isn't, and you probably did! grin

Paragraphs may have helped.

It seems that these phones cannot be produced in a good working order, in sufficient numbers to meet the inexplicable demand.

I hope that your needs are soon satisfied. slight_smile
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
This was my first post to a forum because I had the stereotypical view it was full of people who think themselves so intelligent that they have to correct everyone elses grammar. Thanks for dispelling that stereotype perksie. :womanindifferent:
Message 3 of 8

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
This was my first post to a forum because I had the stereotypical view it was full of people who think themselves so intelligent that they have to correct everyone elses grammar. Thanks for dispelling that stereotype perksie. :womanindifferent:

I'm glad you're so impressed, my comment about the paragraphs was simply because of an eye problem that makes close typing difficult to read for me. :womanindifferent:

I did not correct any of the OP's grammar!

By the way there's an apostrophe in elses! grin grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You wouldn't be r_beauforteaton8832ato2 in another guise would you rick grin grin grin
Message 5 of 8

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You're reading between the user names again Steve. grin

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You wouldn't be r_beauforteaton8832ato2 in another guise would you rick grin grin grin

Correct Columbo. For some reason it won't let me in on the other name so I had to re-register. (Spellcheck please perksie)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iPhone should be out for delivery tomorrow (14th)...don't ask how I know. If you use your DHL tracking number you can confirm this. wink
Message 8 of 8