cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does O2 share my phone number to 3rd party?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today someone called  me on my "additional" number and ask about a specific person (name).

He knows what my full name is, and no one has this number except O2 and my family. So how is it possible? 

If O2 shared my data to the 3rd party companies I should know about it! This is my privacy! 

How can I block sharing my data in the future?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pdfbt40
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fine if you can actually access "My Contact Preferences". Customer Services say there's a problem downloading from the server as I sit watching the timer widget for tens of minutes.
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I recorded my desktop and browser when I disabled this option
so I'm going to be rich when return to enable again 🤣😂🤑🤑

Good luck with that, we all tried wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

O2 made changes to the functionality of MY O2. By doing so they conveniently changed the default settings for everyone. We noticed pretty quickly and changed back.....The damage was probably done by then Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Mine have only just stopped but that's prob 'cause I've blocked all the spam numbers.
It was back in June 16 this all kicked off the first time so that's 12 months of harassment o2 have put me through........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 16

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is of course texting/calling 2220, depending who is helping you.
Unforunately texting STOP doesn't seem to achieve anything.
Calling them is more encouraging. A promising introductory message about all the annoying notifications, always followed by a message "We're very busy at the moment, Wait an hour and call back" !!!!

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
They don't want you to change it!

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16