cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disillusioned by 'Guru's'?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Samsung S6 just before Christmas having had my previous phone for 5.5 years (it was well out of contract).  I've had real issues syncing all of my contacts (3 email accounts, LinkIn and Facebook).  Research suggests that Facebook mayhave changed their settings, but I initially had my LinkIn contact photo's but they dissapeared following an update.  

I visited an in-store guru a couple of weeks ago, who tried his best and I got a few more contacts, but said he hadn't seen my problem before and told me to wait for the next update to see if it fixed it.  Last week I uninstalled all of my accounts and re-installed them again hoping that would fix it, but now it won't even sync my email contacts.

Yesterday I had an online chat with a Guru who assured me the solution he suggested would work, but it didn't. So I booked an call-back today, for 13:30 on my landline, so I could do whatever was necessary to my mobile.  They didn't call at 13:30, my mobile received a call after 14:00 but I didn't get to it in time and no-one called my landline.  I allowed some extra time in case they would try to contact me bt when I logged into my account it say's my call-back was cancelled.  Really?  Considering they didn't call the number I gave them?

I am reluctant to enter all my numbers manually, as I am aware I may need to do a factory re-set and to be honest, that doesn't help with the FB and LI contacts that I really want transferred.  Surely syncing all contacts is one of the most basic functions of mobile phones nowadays and the Guru's should be able to help me. 

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Do you have a Gmail account? All your phone contacts should be there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Did you back up your contacts previously to Google or did you use another app or programme?

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You need to go into settings >accounts and select the accounts you want to sync content from.
You can also go into the individual apps and change sync options in there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And also go into contacts, tap the 3 dots, select settings , then choose "contacts to display"
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bambino, yes and the first time I synced they came over, but once I removed gmail and re-installed it they didn't. When I was uninstalling I got a warning about whether I was sure I wanted to remove them and said yes because I assumed they wold transfer over again. 

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jonsie, I'm not sure where my contacts were backed up to.  It would probably have been the default settings on my old HTC and default google settings.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, I have done that a number of times.  Facebook say's 'sync disabled, but allows me to do a manual sync and all the others sync but nothing changes in my contacts.  I have also gone into my individual accounts on the pc to check setting are open to syncing and sharing.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Viridis, I'm afraid I can't see 3 dots when I go into contacts, but thanks anyway.

Message 9 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Top right?
Message 10 of 11