cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disillusioned by 'Guru's'?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Samsung S6 just before Christmas having had my previous phone for 5.5 years (it was well out of contract).  I've had real issues syncing all of my contacts (3 email accounts, LinkIn and Facebook).  Research suggests that Facebook mayhave changed their settings, but I initially had my LinkIn contact photo's but they dissapeared following an update.  

I visited an in-store guru a couple of weeks ago, who tried his best and I got a few more contacts, but said he hadn't seen my problem before and told me to wait for the next update to see if it fixed it.  Last week I uninstalled all of my accounts and re-installed them again hoping that would fix it, but now it won't even sync my email contacts.

Yesterday I had an online chat with a Guru who assured me the solution he suggested would work, but it didn't. So I booked an call-back today, for 13:30 on my landline, so I could do whatever was necessary to my mobile.  They didn't call at 13:30, my mobile received a call after 14:00 but I didn't get to it in time and no-one called my landline.  I allowed some extra time in case they would try to contact me bt when I logged into my account it say's my call-back was cancelled.  Really?  Considering they didn't call the number I gave them?

I am reluctant to enter all my numbers manually, as I am aware I may need to do a factory re-set and to be honest, that doesn't help with the FB and LI contacts that I really want transferred.  Surely syncing all contacts is one of the most basic functions of mobile phones nowadays and the Guru's should be able to help me. 

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Apologies, it now says "more"
Message 11 of 11