cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I was horrified and embarrassed to receive a letter from a debt collection agency saying that O2 had instructed them to recover an outstanding amount of £10 (yes, £10!) from me.  I have never been involved with debt collection agencies in my life and always pay my bills by direct debit.  I have had NO letter or other communication from O2 saying that I owe anything.

I called O2 customer service, who looked through my accounts and confirmed that in all my time with O2 I had NEVER had a missed or late payment.  They could not explain why the debt collection agency had been called in, and all they could suggest was to call someone else on Monday.  Hardly satisfactory 'customer service'.

I asked them for an e-mail address to which I could send a complaint, and they gave me one.  I wrote a mail to that address and it promptly bounced, saying that I had to complain via the website.  I repeated the message, and got a reply saying I had to contact the debt collection agency to resolve the problem.  Why should I have to wait on a premium rate number to fix a problem of O2's making?  Is their refusal to accept responsibility laziness, arrogance, incompetence or a mixture of all three?

I'm disgusted by their attitude and have written direct to the managing director.  Unless he can fix this I'l be leaving O2 next week, and taking all my family's phones and iPads with me.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to get in touch with O2's Credit File Referrals (email at bottom of post).

There's no need to make a complaint, as that would just extend the time you'll have to wait.

If you email CreditFileReferrals@o2.com and explain your problem in the email, also linking your credit file, your case will be investigated into within 10 working days.

Message 6 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds very distressing and most strange if all payments are up to date as you say it should never have come to this

Will you keep us informed how your complaint turns out

Message 2 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I wonder if it's a case of mistaken identity by the debt collection agency?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter is addressed to me.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to get in touch with O2's Credit File Referrals (email at bottom of post).

There's no need to make a complaint, as that would just extend the time you'll have to wait.

If you email CreditFileReferrals@o2.com and explain your problem in the email, also linking your credit file, your case will be investigated into within 10 working days.

Message 6 of 14

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Message 7 of 14

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Did you send the email and have you heard anything back? Hope you sort it
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a response from the MD's office. They're looking into it - which is something, I guess.
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions