cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I was horrified and embarrassed to receive a letter from a debt collection agency saying that O2 had instructed them to recover an outstanding amount of £10 (yes, £10!) from me.  I have never been involved with debt collection agencies in my life and always pay my bills by direct debit.  I have had NO letter or other communication from O2 saying that I owe anything.

I called O2 customer service, who looked through my accounts and confirmed that in all my time with O2 I had NEVER had a missed or late payment.  They could not explain why the debt collection agency had been called in, and all they could suggest was to call someone else on Monday.  Hardly satisfactory 'customer service'.

I asked them for an e-mail address to which I could send a complaint, and they gave me one.  I wrote a mail to that address and it promptly bounced, saying that I had to complain via the website.  I repeated the message, and got a reply saying I had to contact the debt collection agency to resolve the problem.  Why should I have to wait on a premium rate number to fix a problem of O2's making?  Is their refusal to accept responsibility laziness, arrogance, incompetence or a mixture of all three?

I'm disgusted by their attitude and have written direct to the managing director.  Unless he can fix this I'l be leaving O2 next week, and taking all my family's phones and iPads with me.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally understand.
I transferred my O2 to my friend more than one year ago and recently I keep receiving letters saying my account is overdue. I wish I cancelled it and did not recommended to my friend!
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has just been refused a contract for £ 15 a month by o2 after a credit check. I tried on her behalf and it asked for additional information (apparently my driving licence is a wealth of information about my ability to pay a bill?). After studying the details on my driving licence the computer still said no. I have written to creditfilereferrals@o2.com, but have not even received an acknowledgement. Is this normal? My step-son is using one of my credit cards and has been late with a couple of payments, could that be the problem? i used to be with o2 and had a monthly bill averaging £80, I don't think £ 15 is going to prove a problem. Can they override the computer?

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The credit referrals team can override the computer, that's part of their job, but those missed payments will be why the contract was automatically refused.
Hopefully a human will be able to see sense and authorise it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

BUT you need to check your own credit file. Check online, either direct with Experian or one of the free ones. The Experian in my opinion is best, it used to cost £2.00 but you won't have the problem of your email address being passed on or sold on. 

Message 14 of 14