cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted in price rises once a contract is signed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is disgusting that O2 decide to raise the bills with so called inflation, we only sign on for up to 2 years and usually have crap service, but we cant then get a reduction in areas that have poor coverage, if they can't wait until customers have the choice to come over, or renew at new tarrif rates then its a bad show and just infuriates customers for such an appitance. Shame on them....

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The beauty of being out of contract is that you will have that option. Just be sure they have good coverage at home, work and your normal areas of travel.

Message 11 of 50

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
3 months of contract left the going to Three due to broken O2 promises

What promises?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 50

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
3 months of contract left the going to Three due to broken O2 promises

O2 doesn't really care. You go, someone else joins. It'll all be Three soon anyway....:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems that O2 is on a self destruction course...

So THREE dont charge for 0800 calls (O2 do)

with THREE you can use your UK allowances abroad (O2 make you pay extra)

THREE dont have annual price increases (O2 do and seem to think we should be grateful for it).

OFCOM have made some strict rulings about price increases so O2 obviously think that they can rip off existing customers.

Well O2 , guess where Im going in June when my contract is up.

Lets just hope that THREE dont take over O2, or at least if they do then they'll make sane decisions for their customers in future.

Message 14 of 50

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get internet on my phone when our home hub drops out because we don't have 3G let alone 4g I presume I pay towards my internet but can only use it when I travel 6 miles away when my hub is down, it doesn't seem right to have to pay more
Message 16 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just on the matter of OFCOM as per Bill_H above.

The OFCOM ruling made clear that mid term contract rises WERE allowed but only if they were advised to customers in advance. If you look at all of o2's advertising it is there.

None of us on here liked it and still don't but the fact is that legally o2 have done nothing wrong.

Of course morally is a different argument
Message 17 of 50

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't get internet on my phone when our home hub drops out because we don't have 3G let alone 4g I presume I pay towards my internet but can only use it when I travel 6 miles away when my hub is down, it doesn't seem right to have to pay more

By the very definition of a "mobile" phone yiou can move around and use your data where there is a signal.

Or move to a network that does give you data at home (not much point if you have wifi).

Or take a tariff with less data next time if you're not using it?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re 0800 calls. This is an EU Directive and by December this year all 0800 calls from mobiles in the uk well be FREE.

Three decided to act early. The others are dragging their feet.
Message 19 of 50

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Bonkers how many people don't even look at their contract before they sign.
Go on take a look, it's on there about price rises.
You'll find your contract folded in half near your smartphone box.
Message 20 of 50