cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted by customer service level!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a customer of o2 for about 16 years now and, wanted to upgrade my phone. After 1.5hours 'chatting' to a guru I placed my order (irritating considering i was then late for a meeting...) and then, after trying to place the order, there was no where for me to put my address in.. (another forty minutes wasted..)

I then spoke to another guru, who advised I place the order and then he'll transfer me to another guru to change the address. I did this based on his advice. I was then told by the other guru that I had to now collect this from store?!!

I am in meetings for the next three days and cannot believe I wasted almost half a day upgrading my phone?!!!! I now have to go into town to collect it, when I didn't want to do that!! Really, really not happy and cannot believe the lack of support for a customer that has been with o2 for so long.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you contacted O2 via Live Chat Online for this I'd suggest contacting customer services via phone.

o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 34

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

I am sorry that you are not happy with the service that you received.

Maybe you would like to make a complaint? The details are here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Message 3 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

As you say what a waste of your time. It sometimes appears that O2 aren't that bothered about our custom.

Live chat are rarely recommended for account based issues. Unless you ring Customer Services direct or even go instore to place an order... we see people getting increasingly frustrated with other aspects of the service.

Check before you travel to the store that your phone is actually been delivered there...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 34

Miguel
  • 47 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Don't hold out much hope for a complaint to actually do anything!
I have made several complaints, and never heard a word back!
One time I was told in store that regardless of what tariff I opted for, I could downgrade at a later date if I wanted, only to be late told that you can't downgrade below the originating tariff!

When I cancelled my contract and moved to payg, O2 then immediately took the entire 10£ and used it on some weird payg tariff without even asking my permission? Is that not theft?
Yet my complaint... well I never heard anything back (other than the refund of the 10£, but as to what was done to the agents in terms of a reprimand!)
Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you filled out the Complaint a Online Form you should get a reply in 7-10 days.

You can change tariff allowances but not to actually reduce the monthly amount.

Payg currently has three options to which their is a monthly amount to pay on a set anniversary date.

If you don't top up then no allowances are refreshed and you pay standard charges.
Message 6 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

The complaints route is NOT appropriate at this stage and most certainly giving out the CEO's details is definitely not.

The OP souls be directed to speak to Customer Services in the first instance. Only then if not resolved should a complaint be considered.

@Anonymous I an assuming your reference to complaints is in response to Miguel? If so not flagged

Message 7 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Evening @Anonymous

Yes I just wanted to touch upon the timeframe a person should recieve a response.
Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought so @Anonymous so have not flagged.
Message 9 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies.

I really should have quoted the post or named the Op I was replying to as we have two separate people seeking assistance.

Apologies for any confusion caused @Anonymous
Message 10 of 34