cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted by customer service level!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a customer of o2 for about 16 years now and, wanted to upgrade my phone. After 1.5hours 'chatting' to a guru I placed my order (irritating considering i was then late for a meeting...) and then, after trying to place the order, there was no where for me to put my address in.. (another forty minutes wasted..)

I then spoke to another guru, who advised I place the order and then he'll transfer me to another guru to change the address. I did this based on his advice. I was then told by the other guru that I had to now collect this from store?!!

I am in meetings for the next three days and cannot believe I wasted almost half a day upgrading my phone?!!!! I now have to go into town to collect it, when I didn't want to do that!! Really, really not happy and cannot believe the lack of support for a customer that has been with o2 for so long.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Miguel I would suggest you look at the thread picture yourself and spot the mistake.

That post was made in December 2013, not last month, and was the result of 6 months of wrangling between:

Me
Customer Services
Carphone Warehouse
Network Services
Ombudsman Service
Higher Level Complaints
Advertising Standards Authority.

This was an ongoing issue where o2 werec advised by the ASA to amend their coverage checker.
O2 were also advised to make a resolution available given that the signal issue would be resolved.

This was not a complaint about something which was the result of a minor human error.

It was not the result of something that had been corrected and credited for.

So in this case it was perfectly reasonable to refer following guidance from the Ombudsman Service and the ASA.

I would suggest you check facts before posting inaccuracies.

I agree we should leave it there as you know nothing about my case here and are again clearly wrong.

Message 31 of 34

Miguel
  • 47 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous Strange we both think the other person is wrong.

So I mistook the year of your post for last year, big wow.

You are quite correct, I know nothing about your case, and you know nothing about all of my complaints, yet you seem quite willing to wade in and give advice to NOT do something you yourself has done.

As we both agree, perhaps we should leave it there.

@BrendonM you are correct, this thread HAS gotten off topic, and I apologise for my part in this.

Message 32 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Miguel I provide advice on the correct process. It is all available in tonight's Help thread.

Only you can decide if you want to take the correct process or try to bypass it.

The difference here though is your issue was resolved, a credit received and tariff corrected. Hence why not appropriate to trouble the CEO. In my case it took a further 6 months before the issues were finally resolved (May 14). So there are big differences.

Agree though. Leave it there.
Message 33 of 34

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Miguel ,

Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with customer service. I'm Toby, the community coordinator and let me know how you get on when you try to talk to customer service again. We can have a chat and I can help if needed.

Welcome slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 34 of 34