cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful charges!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the letter I have written to O2 this morning after being charged £125 for 30 minute call, they then blamed 118 118, saying the charge is solely theirs. I called 118 118 who kindly refunded there side but O2 would not budge a inch and stated rather unhelpfully that adverting is advertising and I should pay more attention!!!
To whom it may concern,

I am writing in regards to a serious issue that I have encountered regarding your company. I made a call to 118 118 using my mobile (5pm 30.1.15), this call was in regards to helping a friend of mine find accommodation through the gateway service for homeless people.
The call lasted 30 minutes, of course i expected to have a charge higher than normal but to my horror I was charged £125 for this single call.
I called your customer service team and was informed the charge had nothing to do with O2 and the charge was solely from 118 118. I then called 118 118 and they explained there is a charge which they rescinded, but they only charge £2.57 per minute, therefore they charged me £79.35.
I then contacted your customer service team yet again and spoke to Philomena, she said she was unaware of what proportion O2 charged, but was not willing to refund the difference.
My phone is blocked, this in a time where I am on benefits and looking for work is paramount to daylight robbery, your team has being incredible inflexible and have chosen to hide behind set costs and stating it is all in the advertising, so basically like it or lump. The cost for this one call is debilitating to say the least and i even offered to pay the sum over a period of time, this just just get my phone up and running so I can make calls and receive call in regards to work.
I would ask this is dealt with with immediate effect. I have worked for software companies and even sold social media technology, I am fully aware of how companies such as yourselves realise the damage of this kind of case can bring.
I am happy to make a partial realistic payment but can find no way in this world that your charge and subsequent actions can be justified.

My case reference is:****

Kind regards,

Jeremy Travis

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a mobile phone & a laptop at home

I use O2 Directory Enquiries for a number when away from home, save the number to my contacts, then ring the number myself ..... I do not let the operator put me through direct

at home I use the laptop & find a number foc through 'Google is my Friend' etc

I feel sorry for this op, as when he was in an unenviable position trying to be a 'Good Samaritan' to his friend in need

Message 21 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Personally I consider the refund by 118118 to be more than fair, I don't see why anyone should be held to account because the op decided to be connected by 11811.
Especially when seemingly they are better informed than most with experience of the technology sector
Message 22 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

have I been 'taken for a patsy'

& no I don't mean the Cornish variety

back on topic Whistle

Message 23 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was actually calling this number in a hurry to get a hotel number for a homeless person, sometimes we have no choice but to use our mobiles. I expected a charge but to be charged this amount and to have my phone barred is disgusting.

I offered to pay over a few months but was told no way your phone is barred!!

To make this more laughable O2 let me make calls but not receive, this is a classic example of how they want you to run up a bill at a higher rate.

Im sorry but some idiots out there have no idea the detail involved in cases, and they should learn to keep quiet without knowing the facts!!

If this happened to you or someone you knew, would you believe it to be reasoninble especially when its free to call their customer service centre in South Africa, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Message 24 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your help, it appears there are a lot of unhappy people out there.

Message 25 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

they are sending a cheque, correct, this can take up to 28 days apparently, but still they acted quicklyand no issues with an opology.

O2 different story entirely

Message 26 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasnt offered any resolution, just told my phone was barred until the full amount was paid

Message 27 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was not a threat, it was a statement that I feel people should know about how they can be expected to be treated if they make a similar mistake. I have only stated the enitre facts at every point and just how wrong i believe O2 

's behaviour is.

Message 28 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

they are sending a cheque, correct, this can take up to 28 days apparently, but still they acted quicklyand no issues with an opology.

O2 different story entirely

What do O2 have to apologise for ?

If an agent was abrupt / rude then fair enough. 

Ref the charges applied you have confirmed you initiated the call. 

Message 29 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent asked for an apology I have asked for them to justify the charges, and also justify why my phone is barred, the bill isnt due for payment for another 3 weeks?

Message 30 of 43