cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful charges!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the letter I have written to O2 this morning after being charged £125 for 30 minute call, they then blamed 118 118, saying the charge is solely theirs. I called 118 118 who kindly refunded there side but O2 would not budge a inch and stated rather unhelpfully that adverting is advertising and I should pay more attention!!!
To whom it may concern,

I am writing in regards to a serious issue that I have encountered regarding your company. I made a call to 118 118 using my mobile (5pm 30.1.15), this call was in regards to helping a friend of mine find accommodation through the gateway service for homeless people.
The call lasted 30 minutes, of course i expected to have a charge higher than normal but to my horror I was charged £125 for this single call.
I called your customer service team and was informed the charge had nothing to do with O2 and the charge was solely from 118 118. I then called 118 118 and they explained there is a charge which they rescinded, but they only charge £2.57 per minute, therefore they charged me £79.35.
I then contacted your customer service team yet again and spoke to Philomena, she said she was unaware of what proportion O2 charged, but was not willing to refund the difference.
My phone is blocked, this in a time where I am on benefits and looking for work is paramount to daylight robbery, your team has being incredible inflexible and have chosen to hide behind set costs and stating it is all in the advertising, so basically like it or lump. The cost for this one call is debilitating to say the least and i even offered to pay the sum over a period of time, this just just get my phone up and running so I can make calls and receive call in regards to work.
I would ask this is dealt with with immediate effect. I have worked for software companies and even sold social media technology, I am fully aware of how companies such as yourselves realise the damage of this kind of case can bring.
I am happy to make a partial realistic payment but can find no way in this world that your charge and subsequent actions can be justified.

My case reference is:****

Kind regards,

Jeremy Travis

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL @viridis ! For some reason I decided the call was 150.00 not 125.00... duh!D'oh!

So ignoring the 91.00  Whistle....as I was saying £46.00....

Message 11 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I see no reason whatsoever why the op wouldn't accept half of the 46.
Even just the 46 for 30 minutes would be satisfactory for me in the knowledge that such numbers are expected to be more expensive.
Message 12 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL @viridis ! For some reason I decided the call was 150.00 not 125.00... duh!D'oh!

So ignoring the 91.00  Whistle....as I was saying £46.00....

I was going to say something Rosa...but as my maths are rubbish I thought I would just back away from the mic.....LOL

Back on topic Cleo...Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it would appear that the OP rang 118 118, asked for a number and then (I presume) 118 118 offered to put them through to the number?

If that is correct then that is how 118 118 are making their money as you carry on being billed (by o2) at the rate charged for calling 118 118 instead of normal call rates. These charges are, of course, high but are also well advertised by o2.

For the future I would strongly recommend instead of using 118 118 or any of the other directory enquiry lines, use the phone to Google for the number or try BT Directories at bt.com first. If you then only get a premium rate number then use www.saynoto0870.com to try to find an alternative standard rate number.
Message 14 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have worked for software companies and even sold social media technology, I am fully aware of how companies such as yourselves realise the damage of this kind of case can bring.

I'm trying to work out what this statement means...... Anyone ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add to @Anonymous 's excellent advice on the justsayno website their are also some pretty good Apps that can be downloaded that can help to convert numbers so they come out of your inclusive minutes allowances too.
Message 16 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have worked for software companies and even sold social media technology, I am fully aware of how companies such as yourselves realise the damage of this kind of case can bring.

I'm trying to work out what this statement means...... Anyone ?

It is another case of an OP saying unless you give me what I want I will huff and I will puff and I will try to blow your house down. 

It looks to me like the OP has had a call put through and so has done well to get 118's element refunded. Not sure why o2 should refund. He has made the call. But if he can get a partial credit then fair enough but making veiled "threats" are unlikely to help. 

Message 17 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ahhh, it was a threat wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
....that seemingly worked.
Message 19 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is how I would read it Mr Ultimate Poster @MI5 😈😈
Message 20 of 43