cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected Bill after leaving ?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Used online chat to cancel my sim only deal in early January, I had originally taken it out for my younger sister who now has her own contract, so it was no longer needed. Everything was apparently sorted at the time (it was a fairly lengthy process) 

Came home tonight to find a letter saying my phone has been disconnected, and 02 are demanding money off me ? Of course customer services are closed so can't do anything about it untill tomorrow.

Anyone had experience of this ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Yeah, you're mistake was using live chat.
Call cs at 8.00am to sort it out.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I'm starting to think that. I was at work at the time otherwise I would have called, suppose I'll have to wait till the morning. Fuming though !
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I'm not surprised mate, I would be too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Wasn't your both accounts linked under one bill? Shouldn't cancel your Direct Debit until the last bill is issued. But is you follow @MI5 's advice you'll get it sorted.

@MI5 didn't you build a guide to cancelling your contract?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Not mine but it's here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:
Wasn't your both accounts linked under one bill? Shouldn't cancel your Direct Debit until the last bill is issued. But is you follow @MI5 's advice you'll get it sorted.

@Curr946 at no point does the OP mention anything about cancelling a direct debit. Heck they dont even mention Direct Debits at all. 

Message 7 of 8

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Curr946 wrote:

@Curr946 at no point does the OP mention anything about cancelling a direct debit. Heck they dont even mention Direct Debits at all. 

No that's true @Anonymous, but if it was in place O2 would have taken the money from the customers account. But hey, your post added a lot more value Hero

Also, on a side note this type of issue is far spread and just spotted a customer having their store printed on the telegraph website/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/jessicainvestigates/12151725/O2-wants-379-for-cancelled-contract.html

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 8