cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing service from O2 Recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that O2 Recycle are a seperate company from O2 themselves but they are affiliated with them and I think that O2 should be aware of the very poor, and I'm having to be very restrained here, service that I recently had from them when I sent them an iPhone4S 16Gb for recycling.

At the time I was quoted (Last week) the recycle value of the phone was £215, I requested their senders pack and waited for it to arrive. It arrived on Monday and after thoroughly reading the terms and conditions I managed to get the phone sent registered mail on Wednesday. Prior to that I took photos of the phone which has been in a case it's entire life and has never been dropped, as far as I could see there was no visible damage to it.

I got a text this morning, I think by now you realise where this is going, "We have received your phone and have sent you an email with our revised quote on it." This disturbed me somewhat so I went to my PC and checked my email, sure enough they had reduced the offer by 10% "due to cosmetic damage".

Obviously not being too happy with this I called them back straight away, I had barely been on the phone 30 seconds with the person and they were offering to put back on £15 straight away. Interesting because at £193.50 I'm probably going to get it sent back and at £208.50 I'm probably going to take the hit because by the time I get it back offers from other comapnies are going to be below that anyway.

I've been with O2 as a customer since 2005 and I have to be honest I've had another difficulty with them recently and this isn't doing them any favours at all.

If anyone from O2 does read this your lack of straightforward lines of communication for complaints is another feature that's not good.

As I said at the top of this message I realise that O2recycle is not ran by yourselves but I think someone should have a look at their business practices.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

CamillaP92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been scammed by o2 recycle and left without a phone for a week or more. Absolutely outrageous service. Offered me £175 for my phone and reduced it to £39 due to 'white spots on the screen under the LCD'. This was not obvious to the naked eye and I have cancelled my upgrade and requested it back. Now it seems they want my new phone back before I receive my old phone. 

Lets hope I dont need to call emergency services during the week I have with no phone! Cheers o2. 

Message 21 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@CamillaP92

When you get it back, take it to CEX, you will get a far better price for it.

If you look through the forum you will see many many complaints about O2 recycle.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 23 of 27

Smartauto
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have recently had a run in with 02 recycle and have no idea what to do.
I traded in my old iphone6 plus in store when I upgraded. The person in the store removed all the protective stuff and case that the phone was in and checked then tested it. She then gave me a recipt saying the phone is perfect in every way.
Then it was sent to 02 recycle. A week later I find an email in my spam folder saying that they have rejected the phone because the back was coming away from the phone. They sent the phone back and right enough it is now damaged. It was not damaged when I took it and traded it in at the store. I phoned and was fobbed off saying it was nothing to do with them and to take it up with the store.
Message 24 of 27

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Make a complaint.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 27

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Check the imei number is the same (if you can).
It probably isn't.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 26 of 27

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions