Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Level 9: Fired up

Device plans and hardware warranty periods

Just wondered about this.

Phone warranties seem to be around 24 months and tend to cover the battery also as it's no longer a user servicable part in most designs.

If I purchase a phone on a 36 month plan and the battery decides it's had enough at 27 months in, would that be covered as a warranty repair under the device agreement or would that be payable by me?

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

Re: Device plans and hardware warranty periods

[ Edited ]

You'd be on your own after the manufacturer's 24month warranty period is up. 

I looked at this in January last, before upgrading to my current 24mth O2 contract through mobilephonesdirect.

O2 Open discount has been updated:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-discount-does-it-work-for-contract...

... but the warranty has not, it seems.

It seems to be something @o2@O2 have overlooked in their new flexible contract tool/offering, @techtamer

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

@pgn 

Cheers

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@liggerz87 

Cheers, I was aware of the six year minimum in terms of legislation but claiming under it is often easier said than done.

Current tech used:
Highlighted
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

I get you ye I not seen it in action