cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

my o2 sim card has been deactivated and the problem im having is that when i try 2 log into otha services like my email,facebook etc it asks for the security code sent 2 mobile, which i cant access,pls help 

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

How long since the Sim was deactivated?

A call to customer service and they should be able to reactivate it for you. 

You need to make a chargeable call every 6 months to keep the sim active and top up once in every 999 days. 

Failing all that,  pick up a new sim from supermarkets or retailers such as newsagents for around a £1.

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

How long since the Sim was deactivated?

A call to customer service and they should be able to reactivate it for you. 

You need to make a chargeable call every 6 months to keep the sim active and top up once in every 999 days. 

Failing all that,  pick up a new sim from supermarkets or retailers such as newsagents for around a £1.

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You can also have one sent to your address for Free via https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/ if you can wait a few days if you are on Payg.

O2 HighStreet shops have them too but you may be asked to top it up by the minimum amount of £10.

Hopefully contacting O2 Customer Services which is 202 for Contract -> 4445 for PAYG -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus they should be able to re activate it for you as we have heard from other members with the same issue them having theirs dealt with even after sometime it had been turned off as long as the mobile number has not been recycled.

All the best.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll contact customer services,i need my sim card re-activated,,ty jonsie that was the info i needed...my own fault 4 not toppin it up wen the 6mths was due,  Thanks!

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144203 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If it's not been too long your number may still be available.
If not, you will have to take a new one unfortunately 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

its sorted now,there sendin a new 1 and will transfer number ova,  Cheers

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144203 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good news for you mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news. 😄
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
ty
Message 9 of 18

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts