cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date in europe

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 Seem to be limiting data rates in europe to H+ maximum speed. Is this going to change soon or must I change provider.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes of course but if it's only a once a year holiday thing then more important is the comparison back home. If they have a holiday home in Spain or say France like some lucky sods then a network change would make sense 😉

Message 11 of 32

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Ah yes, but 3g does me fine at around 8mbps for my needs wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 32

Keysey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be fair I just changed her package from O2 to VF for the very reason that I could get 4G abroad, she was due an upgrade so not only does she have better 4G (everywhere unfortunately) she also has a better phone!

I was looking to do the free upgrade this year but am deferring it, if O2 don't pull their finger out and sort out 4G agreements abroad then I'll be off too.

Message 13 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No one could blame you for that @Keyseywink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 32

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Well Germany 🇩🇪 is a start but was always going to get 4G first. Knowing O2 it could be the first and last. I would never upgrade with a company on promised future policies. If they can't give rollout dates I'd be with a company that already has agreements in place. 

Message 15 of 32

Keysey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hence me deferring my upgrade, I can upgrade my handset only but would tie myself in for another 24 months whereas if they don't roll out any more 4G agreements I'll be off in 9 months and free to go wherever I pleasesmiling

Message 16 of 32

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I have just less than 6 months to go and unless something amazing happens in that time,  my 20 years of loyalty will remain in the wheelie bin where O2 apathethetically deposited it without my knowledge 2 months ago. 

Message 17 of 32

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I will be back in Ireland later this month so going to do a little testing while there.

i know they don’t have 4G currently in Ireland, but they were testing it there last time as I did connect a couple of times but no data threw. But it’s more than I’ve normaly got.

also still taking Vodafone and now EE max sim as well.  So will hope to see the speed difference in 

Vodafone Ireland, using Vodafone uk sim

Eir using EE sim

three using o2 sim.

o2 still haven’t updated there fair useage policy

Roaming within The European Union
O2 Pay Monthly Customers roaming within The EU may experience limited throughput of up to 1Mbit/s for data services during seasonal traffic peaks, which could slow some services down.

i do know that data in USA is still throttled to 0.01 or 0.05 mbps. People are still telling us on Twitter and here

just wish oW would truly unlock it and be honest

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 18 of 32

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

That just epitomises the apathy flowing throughout O2 nowadays. It starts at the top and cascades downwards. 

Message 19 of 32

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

o2 still haven’t updated there fair useage policy

Roaming within The European Union
O2 Pay Monthly Customers roaming within The EU may experience limited throughput of up to 1Mbit/s for data services during seasonal traffic peaks, which could slow some services down.

They won't do either as then fully intend to "legally" put the brakes on again next summer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 32