Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Stamp on Text Messages

Professoral
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How can I change the Date Stamp on my O2 Sim.  Yesterday's (18/8/2020)  text messages are dated Jan 2

Thx

Gerard 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Professoral 

You can't change the sim.

You need to set the time and date in your phone settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

AztecUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Have you checked your phones time/date?

Do you have back log of messages sent ages ago and for some reason did not get sent? please check pending/sent folder, what phone do you have?

Pretty sure text will take network time/date but please do check this?

AztecUK

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 3 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

This is interesting I just turned off Network time and set myself back to 2jan 16:34, yes text came through with this date, right at bottom of my text list.. sent few minutes ago but phone says 2nd Jan it received text? O2 network would record correct time and date but I am asking someone for more info on this forum my Android OS 10 phone is fooled by it?

I am not your average O2 customer I try and play with everything lol!

Please can someone who knows more explain this?

AztecUK

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As I said above, it picks up the time stamp from the phone, not the sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Wow! really? I am just testing? I put myself back on network time, SMS takes phones time/date not network? Is that really true because my phone does seem to agree with what you said?

AztecUK

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Phone reports network time so phone time is the same as network time when set that way.
Should always be set to network time and not manually selected.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am learning so much on this forum! you got a beta tester here! Can't believe time stamp is taken from phone BUT your right it does! Back to network/correct time/date.

I love learning new things, I am 41, I love playing with all settings on my phone, I got no reason to change date/time of my texts.  But it does seem to work!?

AztecUK

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad you're having fun wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I always found it amazing that when I travelled abroad, my phone would show UK time AS WELL as the local time in country I travelled (without me fiddling with date/time changing myself.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11