cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data slowed down

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same contract for 7 years and am a modest user. My contract is unlimited data - which is capped at 10 Gb. Unusually this month and this has NEVER happened in all the 7 years I needed to take advantage of my unlimited data. I used 8GB - and the apparently automatic response of O2 was to slow down my data and offer to upgrade my contract.

Complaints are falling on deaf unresponsive ears... there are cheaper Sim only deals to be had...bye O2!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the forum....Firstly no contract with O2 comes with unlimited data. You can easily check your tariff in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

You can also check what is using the data by looking in your phones settings. Apps such as FB do use a lot.

You could start by deleting those you don't really use.... also clearing cache and cookies from your device.

If you do choose to leave O2, that's your choice but I would try the suggestions above before you do.

Incidentally, I got a great sim only deal yesterday (From O2) they currently have a sale on some of their tariffs..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They are trying to force people off the old unlimited data legacy tariffs as they don’t want people to hold on to them.
You will probably find a much better deal now anyway.
You can get unlimited calls texts and 20gb for £20.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5

It's the same with 3UK when they forced many customers on the old SIM only contracts (everything unlimited) for £10 a month to pay £30 a month instead. 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes mate.
I remember those days with Three too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm surprised they capped you at 8GB, many customers on unlimited have been at 4GB with the sole intention of forcing people off the old tariffs. They are a pain in the ass for O2 to now manage. Not just the unlimited sim only (I had one for years but wanted 4G) but also the Upfront for Life and the very old Genie tariffs. I can see their logic in this but I find the constant eroding of the limits of the tariffs difficult to stomach. 

Message 6 of 6