Did you mean: 

Data download Speeds - USA

ThePolish1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello knowledgeable people!

I am in the US for a week, upgraded my phone just before heading out here to take advantage of the O2 Travel Inclusive bolt on. However now i am out here i am getting barely 0.5mb on download and upload speeds! i can barely send an imessage!

I know that O2 in the past throttled their international data speeds, but when i was in Croatia in October 2018 i was able to use the phone without issue, so thought that they had stopped doing this.

Is this an ongoing issue or is there something off with my new handset?

thanks,

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Walter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know this is an older thread... but I recently switched to o2 just so I could have high speed data in the US. Yet, on each and every trip there I got dismal speeds (while my US SIM would be unaffected).

How is it possible a company such as o2 can get by doing this? They never specify in their contracts what roaming speeds they’ll provide to their customers.

And I thought mobile industry is unregulated in the US (where I come from), yet the U.K. companies seem to get away with just about anything.
Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Walter 

What led you to believe you would get high speed data in the US?

They get away with it by writing it in the T&C's that customers agree to when purchasing contracts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12