cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT GET 02 INSURANCE *CANCELLING CONTRACT*

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost phone EIGHT days ago (Weds 11th Oct).. Claim form faxed and received by o2 Insure the same day.. Had my claim finally reviewed a week later (Weds 18th Oct) by the o2 Insure team whom one (very cocky) staff member said “We do need a break and a rest ourselves”.  Claim was finally approved, however; I was told there is no stock of my Apple Iphone 7PLUS and will have to wait up to a month for my replacement. I advised the colour did not phase me, and would it be possible to collect said handset from my local o2 store. I was denied this option as o2 Insure “are a different entity”.

Having no phone is difficult at the best of times but I'm the Head of a Trauma Department in a hospital, therefore carrying my Macbook about is not feasible.

In total my services from o2 accumulate to over £100 per month and I, in no certain terms will be cancelling my contracts as soon as I have received my replacement handset – if not before as I would not need to pay my next £100 phone bill, and that could go into a new contract with EE and/or temporary handset.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

James22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also will be cancelling my insurance and as an o2 customer for over ten years I am appalled with the service I have received this week.

i too sent my phone off over a week ago only to be sent a refurbished handset that does not work properly as the mic does not work at all.

i contacted o2 and was told a handset would arrive the next day. I had a family member stay at home all day wit no sign of a new phone.

i called o2 the next day to then be told they didn't have a phone for me and couldn't offer me one to use until I receive my new one. 

I was never offered one of similar spec as terms suggest. 

i will be leaving o2 at the earliest opportunity and would suggest anyone with o2 insurance look elsewhere. 

As I have honoured my contract and insurance premiums I expect o2 to do the same.

sorry but not good enough o2!

Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122841 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A lot of customers seem to be having problems with O2 Insure lately. There are much cheaper options if you look online but most bank accounts these days come with insurance if you register your mobile. They come with multi phone insurance too. Of course any insurance is only as good as the claims process. 

Message 13 of 13