Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service is terrible

Robtheupset
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been trying to find out the status of an order that I have placed with O2 for two days it’s obvious they don’t want my business I can go to EE or someone else to buy the very same item but I thought it be convenient to keep it all together with my other accounts so I’m going to give them till the end of business today and if I don’t hear from O2 they’ve lost out on another deal only because they’re too tight to put on enough customer service Reps and they use COVID-19 as an excuse
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Robtheupset
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Most businesses would be smart enough to make sure they have enough customer service Repps as they know people will be buying things they (o2) could learn a lot from Amazon
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Quite agree.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Robtheupset

I'll stick up for o2 here, as its not easy to run a call centre in these Covid-19 times. 

The problem is the call centres are near enough shut, and less than 2% of staff are working in them, so everyone else is working from home.

This has its own challenges such as people being off sick, and a lot of staff are trying to juggle home schooling with working.

Call Centres are complex beasts (trust me ive built 4 from an IT perspective) and from home are even worse.
So its not ideal, but they are doing there best to handle as many calls as they can.

BT (EE) are also struggling at the moment with there call centres as well. And just try and contact Virgin Media 3 day waits on chat, and 4hrs average call wait time (unless you call at bang on 8am).

You could always try the live chat that appears on the shop pages.

edited to add more text

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Since Covid started, I've had to call Severn Trent, Vodafone, Virgin and O2.... Guess which one took me 2 days to get through to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
I've had no issues ringing o2 since Covid lockdowns started.

I had to ring Virgin, and god that was painful, as wanted discuss renewal one of my chat sessions was sat for 12hours waiting for someone to answer..

Then I hit the magic words upgrade and spend more money 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Same as O2 then.........

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Mr-Dee
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with O2 for very many years, and up to now I have been happy, but my recent dealings with O2 have been nothing short of disgusting and I will be leaving at the earliest opertunity but unfortunately I think I have been tied into another contract even though I am still without my phone which was faulty and no one seems to know what is going on or even care !

Customer service has for whatever reason become hurrendous, O2 what on earth are you doing !

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
They really do need to try much, much harder....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I agree totally.

If it was easy, we wouldn't have so many people on here complaining they are unable to get through?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10