cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service -- Aieee

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just phoned up to ask for PUK2 for phone. Wifey went off to ask her manager.
Came back and told me that O2 don't have the PUK2, and that it's held by Nokia!
Unbelievable. Eventually selected the 'not happy with our service' option,
and got a very sensible woman who very sensibly got the PUK2 number.

Not at all impressed with the first-line customer service though -- for heaven's
sake give the poor so-and-sos some training!

James
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pete whether you were losing your temper or not its noit polite to "hang up " on the customer advisor. I work in a call centre and being hung up on is the utmost insult - would you like it done to you for only doing your job ?
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I may have worded what I wrote not quite right, I didnt actually hang up mid call, the call had reached the point where there was no further way left to resolve the issue so the call was ended by both parties. Like I say I probably worded what I wrote wrong, I meant that I had hung up at the end of the call.

Since then I have spoken to a different CS and she has actually gone some way to restoring my faith in O2 by actually speaking to the relevant parties to find out what the correct proceedures are in this case and also rectified the problem made by the Male CS I had no joy with as he sent me out a handset with no charger and I have never had a phone of that make! So even when the phone arrived I could not use it as the battery was flat and she had to send me a charger out overnight!

Sorry if there was any confusion,

Pete
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think O2 are a great network and are a lot better than 3 and Vodafone!

Unfortunately you'll get people who may be rude in every company you call, may be due to the advisor having a bad day, or just generally not interested, but I don't think it reflects on the company as a whole.
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I got a call today to say my orbit was back in the shop so I went to collect it!

All seemed well at the store and signal seemed good too and they told me they replaced the handset as the original was totally shafted!

I do have a small registartion issue with the co pilot 7 satnav as the card that goes with it was regiseterd on my original handset and it is saying I have to deregister it to register it on my new handset, so thats hopefully something an email of 3 will solve!

However I get the phone back home and again the orbit recieves no signal, to get one I have to go and sit in my car on the drive! I cant believe this! I have taken ouyt the sim card and given it a good clean and poped it back in but I still have the same problem. It seems odd as my previous handset right up until it wnet into the store for repair about 3 weeks ago used to get a perfect signal and so do all the other moibiles that come into the house so I cant understand why this one doesnt?

Are O2 having netweork coverage problems?? Or could my sim card be at fault??

Any suggestions would really be of help!

Pete
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to say that the level of "sevice" you recieve from agents varies greatly. For example - i had a faulty w910i, had two faulty replacement handsets sent out. After the 2nd handset went faulty i asked to change the phone for another type only to be given a choice of one phone ! I call customer care as i wasnt happy with that and finally manage to get a phone that i wanted after they had authorised it with their manager. However when she then came to order it im told "oh sorry you cant have it as its not on the returns list" Ok i thought at least there is now a list so i pick a w580 from the list of now 7 phones available to me. W580 arrives next day and again turns out to be faulty (now onto 3rd faulty replacement handset) I call cc again and explain and i asked to change to yet another handset (i get told i can choose from 3 handsets this time ?????!!!) - i choose a w960 to which im told i can and it would arrive next day. Next day comes and what do i get...........another w580. I ring up again and say they sent the wrong phone, the agent appologised and processes a w960 and arranges it for a doorstep swap the next day - great at last i thought. Next day arrives and no phone. Again i ring up to be told "well you wont get it as its out of stock" so i ask how can it be out of stock when it was in stock last night ? I i then speak to another agent who tells me its not out of stock but they are waiting for me to send my handset back before they send it out......i explain that it should of been a doorstop swap so he gets it sorted for me and arranges the delivery again. I get a call later that night telling me again that the w960 is out of stock and i wont be getting it but i can however now have a choice of virtually any handset i want - at last customer service as it should be.
Oh by the way you will never guess what turned up on my door step yesterday, thats right the w960 the phone that was supposed to be out of stock.

So i was offered a choice of 1 phone, then 7, then 3 and finally anyone i wanted more or less.
Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The returns/repairs policy is something they are working on.

The original phone that you recieve is what you pay for over the course of the contract. Should anything go wrong with the phone it is then covered by the warrantly. The warranty is not held by O2 but by the manufacturer but O2 do have a duty of care towards you. So you do not need to deal with the manufacturer directly O2 will repair or replace the phone for the same model.

If your a store customer(offline) then you return the phone back to the store where they send it away for repair. If it's a standard fault then O2 deal with it and anything more complex is dealt with by the manfacturer. If they are unable to repair in a short timescale they will replace the phone. If the phone occurs the same fault within 30 days then they replace it rather than attempt to repair. The phone is then returned to the shop for collection.

If the phone was taken via the Internet/phone (online) then the faulty phone is returned back to O2. Once recieved back then a replacement is dispatched. A doorstep swap is only given within the first 28days but this can be managers discretion so if you have had ongoing issues plus a loyal customer then can offer a doorstep swap as goodwill.

Whether online or offline and you have recieved 3 replacement phones plus the original then O2 dismiss the warranty and will offer you a choice of a different model. You are generally offered a choice of 3 similar spec phones. The problems occur when the processes aren't followed. O2 are working on making more loan phones available from store and offering a better returns service.

I do know how frustrating it can be though, if my SE goes back for repair again it will be the 5th time. As I'm staff I'm not offered a different model, I just need to keep sending it back. As much as I'd like SE to state in my warranty that they will replace my SE for brand new Nokia N95, I don't think they are going to do that anytime soon! I once was unable to borrow a phone or get a loan phone so was without service for 10days so called to ask for a refund of the line rental and they gave me one months free line rental which was nice of them!
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
The time frame of things happening ie replacement phones being sent out was really good. The problem is the inconsistency of the information i was being told by the agents (i lost track of how many i spoke to). Also all 3 replacement phones lasted less than 2weeks the final one lasting only 2days, one faulty replacement i can live with (although in my view it should last) but to be sent a further 2 faulty replacement phones is really unacceptable !
Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly thats what happens in a fast moving industry like telecommunications, things change so often that people don't get the chance to absorb a piece of information without it being changed. Not saying its perfect, but it always happens! :robotsurprised:
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a similar negative experience. I ordered a SE k850i back at the start of the year. It took on a life of its own so it was duley sent back and a replacement sent out. This would turn itself off and refused to accept any theme other than o2 for more than a couple of minutes.

This unit was alos sent back, via special delivery and was received at the depot the next day, 3 weeks later afeter several lenghty calls I finally received another handset, also faulty.

I had already discussed switching handset on the second faulty unit and was not told in anyway shape or form that i had to have 1 original unit and 3 faultys before they would swap it.

Anyway they agreed to swap it for an lg viewty or an SE w910i, that was my only option. I opted for the viewty.

I then recieved an email stating that i couldnt have a viewty as I had not had 3 refurb handsets. I called CS and they confirmed that it HAD been authorised and a new order email would be sent. that was on friday.

Today (sunday) I have had to call again as I have not had an email. CS confirm that one should have been sent and I will be getting a viewty. I then find out after questioning that it will be just a handset and battery. I have never had an LG so charging it and using it should be a fun challenge!!

While everyone I have spoken too has been very helpful, this ongoing string of issues is really a very poor show by o2. I would like to point out I do not blasme the front line staff in any way they are all doing there best and it seems to be the system or training that is woefully inadequate in this area.

I have been a loyal o2 customer for several years and had considered switching to the iphone next june but i am now going to look at other networks as I am gobsmacked at how something that really shouldnt be so difficult to sort is proving such a nightmare (again not the fault of the cs frontline staff and i thank them for their assistance)

Lets hope the next phone arrives and works and is followed by a charger!
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
akhgf
Message 20 of 25