cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service -- Aieee

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just phoned up to ask for PUK2 for phone. Wifey went off to ask her manager.
Came back and told me that O2 don't have the PUK2, and that it's held by Nokia!
Unbelievable. Eventually selected the 'not happy with our service' option,
and got a very sensible woman who very sensibly got the PUK2 number.

Not at all impressed with the first-line customer service though -- for heaven's
sake give the poor so-and-sos some training!

James
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no free time for any additional training.

Before I started working for O2 I would never in my life imagine how much information you need to keep on top off. I need to know about handsets, mobile broadband, data, billing, insurance, returns/repairs, promotions, iphone's, iTunes, international/roaming, software, network issues, 14day cancellations, processes/policies...etc etc. It's an ever changing enviroment and it's exhausting at times. Very much so at the end of my 11hour shifts recieving complaint calls. I would like to see O2 hire more staff so more time can be made for advisors to come of calls and to recieve extra training, which is only a matter of time.

I get frustrated that myself and many people I work beside, work extremely hard.I personally take time out of my day that I'm not being paid for to chase up accounts, call people back etc and then customer service gets slated but on the other hand, O2 would not have 18million customers and won many awards on customer service if the majority of staff were not provided high standards of customer service, the way it should be.

Good for you but that's just the reality of doing a job. I am a teacher and trust me there is loads of information to take on board with any job. You also end up giving up lots of your 'free' time but that is the company you work for, abusing your generosity, it is their responsibility to train and support their staff. They are still earning literally millions in profit whilst abusing both staff and customers.

They rely on people like you to take up the slack and as long as you do that they will not change their attitude or procedures or training. They think everything is alright and carry on. Consider it your duty to report these complaints and get something done about it!

I have had members of staff (in store) actually lie directly to me because they are too ashamed to admit that what they told you originally is complete rubbish or since then their policy has changed. The reason they can do this is there is no proof of what was said. I am seriously considering recording conversations with staff as some of the responses I have had have been ridiculous.

I am still trying to resolve an issue where I was totally misinformed about a handset and no one is prepared to take responsibility for incompetence/poor staff training/lying. Whatever you want to call it!
I am contacting the Customer Review Centre and Otelo but you shouldn't really have to.
Really poor service overall is what I have experienced......you are in the minority it would seem
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 do treat there staff very well, I have no complaints with regards to this. I like to think I go that little bit extra as I like to resolve issues and it does give me job satisfaction to know that I've completely turned a situation around.

I'm not quite sure why some of the stores go so wrong, not all as most stores are great but maybe some suffer from poor management or lack of training for staff. Either way there should be more feedback options for staff and customers to leave comments/feedback so stores can be identified that are providing misinformation or poor service.

I hope you get your problem sorted out slight_smile
Message 22 of 25

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I have read this thread very closely and while I don’t work for o2, I know a hell of allot about o2 wink and some of the other phone companies grin

I work in a large call center my self for a large company and pride my self on helping the customer and my work Colleagues. I also think that when speaking to the customer, I'm representing my company.

I always put my self in the customers shoe and wonder how I would like to be treated.

The problem is and I find it every day, I always tell the customers the truth but that’s not what they want to hear, so I always say to them, Ok I will tell you what you want to hear, but that wont happen.

If I say I will ring the customer back, I do. One of my biggest things I hate when someone says I will and they don't.

In my job I have to know a lot of information and always doing lots and lots of studying, this is not just for me but for the customer too. But you can always predict what the customer is going to ask you and sometimes you have to ask. I'm also extremely luck and have a great team who work with me and share the same views as I do.

It isn’t easy when you get told one thing and then some one else tells you another, I know I happens every day and god it annoys me silly.

But if you don’t like the answer you get, just hang up and try again. It’s not what you may want to do, but give it ago.

O2 have one of the better customer service teams I know in the mobile phone business, trust me grin . I’m however not saying there perfect. I have also had probs but like me I never give up.

I can tell you just answering a call are never straight forward. Every call is different and every customer has a different way of expressing there self.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm a forum virgin, but had to add my own experience to this topic. I have been with 02 a fair few years now, and have two mobile pay monthly contracts with them.

One of contracts I have has fairly low monthly charges (around the £40.00 mark on a £35.00 contract).

Then I get a bill for over £100.00. I checked this on line only to find I had run up an internet access and download bill in one day for £60.49. Only thing is I very rarely go on the internet and certainly didn't run up this bill. I queried this with O2 who checked it out and explained that the charges were correct. I informed them they were incorrect. They immediately responded back to me stating that after looking at previous bills it was obvious that running up internet bills of £60.49 was not common practice for me, and therefore as a loyal customer I was refunded the whole amount (plus VAT).

Obviously I am extremely happy with the outcome and with the way O2 handled the situation. grin
Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
On reading kerih37's post, can I ask if you queried where the amount came from in the fist place and how where you billed for it? Not being funny but you had to argue with them before they give you the refund-its the least they could have done, but good for you anyway.

I've had similar trouble as marklew this past two weeks and thought it had ended with getting N95, but today after buying new mem card I found out the phone doesn't recognise it! I got the guy in the O2 shop to install it in incase I was doing it wrong (tried another card at home and got error message), but no, its the phone again!
I've rang complaints and spoke to a lovely lass who empathised with me saying I should have got a brand new fully boxed N95 as I'd had 4 Viewtys before-all gone wrong-and don't have any accessories, manuals etc, so she's organised a complete brand new N95 for doorstep exchange-thank god. but after all the hassle I've had I'll be more pleased when I've actually got a fully working N95 in my hand.

I wouldn't care but I was singing the lads praises who 'sorted' out the first exchange-what a twit he was! He was aslo supposed to put months credit on my account but found he hadn't, plus now I know it was all the c**p talk he give supposed to be arranging this exchange, but found out nothing had been authorised-this happened three times to me in space of couple of days!
So hopefully me faith in O2 will be restored very soon- i was going to cancel my account due to all the hassle.
Message 25 of 25